Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #229

swalke16

Fresh Boarder

I'm a OSX 10.8 user who has my comic collection stored on a Synology NAS device mounted to my iMac via SMB. When I try to create a library on the NAS device it appears to scan all the comics correctly but then throws a blank error message at the end and no comics show up in my library.

I would really like to be able to get this to work from the NAS device so if there is anything I can do to help diagnose the problem please let me know. It appears to be an issue with the size of the library involved. If I point it to a folder with just a few comics things work great.

If I point it to the whole library (2400 files 39.6GB of data) it errors as as above. I suspect it may have something to do with the app trying to load so many images into memory at once.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #231

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

I have some users having issues with their NAS. But for most of the users everything goes fine.

Please, look in your comics folder for a folder named .yacreaderlibrary (hidden folder), and share it with me. Then, do the same with the folder having a few comics.

It seems that there is some kind of issue creating/saving the database.

Thanks for your help.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #234

swalke16

Fresh Boarder

Do you need just the library.ydb files? If I include the covers the download is quite large?

Here is just the library files, if you need the covers too for some reason let me know.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by swalke16.

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #236

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you very much, by now I don't need the covers.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #238

swalke16

Fresh Boarder

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. I'd love to see this work so I can load to the iOS version from the library without having to use iTunes. I'm ready to get away from Comic Zeal!

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #240

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have tested the library files, the small one is ok, the other is empty. Maybe is not an issue with the size of the library, it could be a problem with subfolders. Could you create a small library with a couple of subfolders? (one comic per subfolder will be enough)

I don't have a NAS and I can't debug this properly, so thank you very much for your help.

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #241

swalke16

Fresh Boarder

This appears to be an issue with size of library rather than folder structure. I came to this conclusion through the following tests:

1) Created a library on the nas with a 4-5 level deep nested folder structure with 10GB of comic data. (FAILS)
2) Created a library on the local drive with a 4-5 level deep nested folder structure with 10GB of comic data. (SUCCESS)
3) Created a library on the local drive with a 4-5 level deep nested folder structure with 800mb of comic data. (SUCCESS)
4) Created a library on the nas with a 4-5 level deep nested folder structure with 800mb of comic data. (SUCCESS)
5) Created a library on the nas with single level folder of 7.5GB comic data (FAILS)
6) Created a library on the nas with single level folder of 3.6GB comic data (FAILS)
7) Created a library on the nas with single level folder of 1.9GB comic data (SUCCESS)

Based on that it appears to simply be the size of the comic data that causes it to fail on the NAS rather than number of files or folder structure... Not sure why that would make a difference, but that seems to be it.
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by swalke16.

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #242

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you for your intensive testing, the results are really weird.

I will try to reproduce the same issue mounting a volume through the LAN.

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #257

swalke16

Fresh Boarder

Any luck with this issue?

Library Does Not Work on NAS Drive 10 years 6 months ago #258

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Not by now, I have not been able to replicate the problem. I need to performe more tests.....
  • Page: