Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Apparent resize problems for longstrip content

Apparent resize problems for longstrip content 4 months 1 week ago #8080

Gross

Fresh Boarder

Dear author,

first of all, thanks for this fantastic reader :)

There is one problem I have re-encountered. When I read longstrip manwha content, it shows up very blocky and near-unreadable every once in a while. It looks like this:

drive.google.com/file/d/1sDTxs-GixYEu6C7.../view?usp=drive_link

This is not an issue of the original PNG, it rather looks like the reader first resizes the picture down to an extreme degree, and then resizes back up leading to a very lossy, blocky view.

After a bit of analyzing the issue, it looks like this happens when normal" page-sized graphics are combined with super-tall "longstrip" graphics in a .cbz archive.

I am pretty sure that the reader had this issue fixed in the past (I recall being told to re-import my .cbz files), and it worked great for a while, but recently the problem popped up again.

I will gladly provide an example .cbz file in which the problem becomes extremely apparent when a "normal" and "blocky" view is combined in a picture. My device is an Iphone 15 Max. And I will gladly chip in a little christmas thank you if we can fix this issue again :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Apparent resize problems for longstrip content 3 months 3 weeks ago #8085

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Just make sure that any software you may be using don't glue images together, the continuous scroll mode in YACReader will do that for you.

If the image is super tall it may get resized by the app, hence the quality problem. I need to work on a new rendering engine for the iOS app but that will take some time.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gross

Apparent resize problems for longstrip content 3 months 3 weeks ago #8086

Gross

Fresh Boarder

The source is a simple .cbz with many individual graphic files (of wildly differing resolutions - some "normal", some absurdly tall). It seems to be that somehow, the tall images first get massively resized down, and then back up again leading to the blocky look.

I could have sworn that this problem had been fixed in an earlier release, and then the problem resurfaced around 2 months ago.

Is there any way to access earlier builds? If so, I would be gladly willing to help identify which version reintroduced the problem (or, prove that I remember things incorrectly)

In any case, thanks for the response, and thanks for this great reader! Donations can be made where?

Apparent resize problems for longstrip content 3 months 3 weeks ago #8087

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Send me the file and i’ll do some testing, I’ll push a new build to test flight if I find a regression.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Luis Ángel.

Apparent resize problems for longstrip content 3 months 3 weeks ago #8088

Gross

Fresh Boarder

This is the demo file:

EDITED

The beginning is all perfect, then things degrade when the pages get more and more longstrip, and in the end it is barely legible.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Luis Ángel.

Apparent resize problems for longstrip content 3 months 3 weeks ago #8089

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Problem solved in 3.29.0.1 build, available in TestFlight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gross