Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Problem with poppler in Qt Creator

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 11 months ago #3122

boshuda

Fresh Boarder

I'm attempting to build using the MSVC2013 32bit 'kit' on QT 5.8 in Qt Creator on Windows 10, and I continue to receive "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\dependencies\poppler\lib\poppler-qt5.lib'". It does this with Qt 5.7 and with both Qts on MSVC2013 64bit. I've attempted to pull what I believe to be the tip from April 24, 2017 and I've had no luck with that or with the tip of the Develop branch. I also had zero luck with the Release build with Qt 5.8, MSVC2013 32bit.

Any pointers here would be great.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 11 months ago #3124

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi boshuda,

you need to change the path to the precompiled poppler libraries in YACReader.pro and YACReaderLibrary.pro. These are located in the respective directories. Search for

"../dependencies/poppler/"

and change it like this;

"$$PWD/../dependencies/poppler/"

That should do the trick. Another problem you might encounter is the decompression backend. Afaik 7zip is still the default setting for the Windows build and it needs additional source code as well as a precompiled library which we do not ship with the source code.

We are aware that this situation is less than ideal and we are working to improve it. If you use the current develop branch my recommendation would be to do a build with pdfium as pdf rendering backend and unarr as a decompression backend. To do so, add the following arguments to qmake:

CONFIG+=pdfium
CONFIG+=unarr

Precompiled pdfium libraries for Windows are already included and the paths should work with QtCreator, but you will still have to add source code for the decompression backend. Read the documentation provided in compressed_archive/unarr/README.txt for details.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by selmf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boshuda

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 11 months ago #3131

boshuda

Fresh Boarder

Okay, I got all of that working and created the binaries. I even fixed a bug! However, after forking the project on bitbucket, I really don't know how to make a pull request to pull my changes in to the main YacReader. I did a simple fix to try and figure out the workflow of making and committing changes to the source control. I'm really not familiar with Mercurial or BitBucket. I'm accustomed to SVN.

If someone could walk me through the general workflow of making a pull request that would be great. Or point me to some resources to better understand bitbucket. I'm not having too much luck with that, either.

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 11 months ago #3132

selmf

Developer

1. Log into your repository on Bitbucket.
2. Click "Pull requests"
3. Click "Create pull request"
4. Fill in the Form. Make sure the destination branch for Luis' repo is "develop", not default
5. Create the pull request
6. Nag Luis till he reviews and merges the pull request ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by selmf.

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 11 months ago #3135

boshuda

Fresh Boarder

I'll leave Luis alone :lol: . But thanks for the flow.

When I try to select Luis' repo, I don't have that option in the dropdown. Do I need to be on his list of approved contributors or something?

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 11 months ago #3136

selmf

Developer

No, it just should show up. Maybe you're looking in the wrong pulldown? The branch is selected in the pulldown menu under the destination repo.

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 11 months ago #3137

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

PR for that bug fix please! :)

Nice to see a developer around.

Do not hesitate to ask for help if you need anything.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 11 months ago #3141

boshuda

Fresh Boarder

selmf wrote:
No, it just should show up. Maybe you're looking in the wrong pulldown? The branch is selected in the pulldown menu under the destination repo.
I go to my forked repo, then to the Pull Requests. In the upper right is the Create Pull Request link. When I follow that, I try to select a different repo on the destination side, but the only repo I seem to have access to is my own.

I know that my account was a bit wonky. It's kind of tied to my G+ account, but that didn't seem to work very well. I feel like I also had to create an account using the email address. So maybe there's something there. My commit is also stuck at 'draft'. I've attempted to push it to Public, and that seems to work via the HG commands in the terminal, but the website still indicates it's in draft.

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 10 months ago #3144

selmf

Developer

This is how it looks for me:

On the right side I can choose between Luis' repository and mine in the upper pulldown and the branch in the lower one. If that's not available for you it's probably a bug in Bitbucket's new UI.
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by selmf.

Problem with poppler in Qt Creator 6 years 10 months ago #3150

boshuda

Fresh Boarder

I still can't get it to complete a pull request to Luis' repo. So I created a ticket with BitBucket. The only thing I didn't try (that I could think of/locate on the web) was to completely wipe out my repo and refork it or create a new account to fork to. That seemed a bit much for what seems like a minimum bit of functionality.