Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Allow sorting by File Name

Allow sorting by File Name 6 years 10 months ago #3179

paapereira

Fresh Boarder

I saw in another post that improving the sorting abilities were in your TODO list, but allowing a click in the File Name column (for example) to sort would be a major (and I hope quick) improvement. Even if in a first iteration this setting was not saved that would be fine.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Allow sorting by File Name 6 years 10 months ago #3180

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's a serious limitation of the Library program. Problem is, the implementation isn't trivial (we would already have done it otherwise) and involves refactoring and possible rewrites in more than one part of the app. This problem is one of the technical debts YACReader has collected over the years and that we will have to tackle eventually, but aren't very keen on starting. Too many unknown factors.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Allow sorting by File Name 6 years 10 months ago #3181

paapereira

Fresh Boarder

How about an option to choose the default sort column?

If that is more feasible it would help with this limitation.

Allow sorting by File Name 6 years 10 months ago #3183

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hmmm maybe. I think the function to manually reorder comic issues works like this. I still would prefer a proper solution but at this point it is hard to tell when we will tackle it. Luis, what's your opinion on this?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.