Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Mode Launch Edition for PDFs

Mode Launch Edition for PDFs 6 years 6 months ago #3328

bester69

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I come from Debian Linux, Ive just discover Yacreader Software, and im really impressed and delighted with it,

I really love it as a PDF's reader, I love the rich interface and the engine rendering, It really looks very nice, much better than native pdf' linux readers.
---

Now, I miss/ would like to be able to copy text and capture image selection from viewer within the pdf. As i guess Yacreader might use a images's engine and can't do it.

I would suggest a way to open the page with a external PDF's editor. This would do it my favourite PDF's reader. B) :ok:

Thaks a lot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mode Launch Edition for PDFs 6 years 6 months ago #3335

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Yes, you are guessing right. YACReader renders pdf's pages as images and it can't handle text at all.

Honestly your request is a little bit out of scope, I don't have problems about including this in YACReader but the TODO list is already humongous and my spare time for working on the project is very limited, so the chances that I'll implement this are really low. So your options are: do it yourself if you are a developer, convince @selmf to do this (unlikely) or try to find a developer with your very same interests in yacreader.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: bester69

Mode Launch Edition for PDFs 6 years 6 months ago #3350

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Actually I wouldn't say no to having text selection for pdfs, but I currently don't have the time to implement it and other comic format related issues take priority. Pdf support will see some significant improvements in the upcoming 9.0.0 release (new engine, faster rendering, better image quality) but there actually won't be any changes interface-wise. Debian might not get the new engine at launch time though as there is no package available and I will have to create one myself, which will take some time.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.