Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 8 years 7 months ago #1800

Yag

Fresh Boarder

Hi ,

I'm using yacreader for years now and its my favourite and only Comic Book Reader.
I Want to store my Library on an Qnap nas with its Build in Virtualization App to have a VM of e.g. Windows 7 and install yacreader for Windows in it. Ist there a Chance that the connect with iPad will be successfull?

I get my nas in a few days and i will try this Option. But would be Nice, if someone Could confirm theoretically or Better practically.

Update: no Support for directx and OpenGL in Virtualization Environment. It wouldnt matter, because i just Want the yacreaderlibrary to Start and Then Act als a Server.
Will it Start, Even if OpenGL and directx arent present?

Update: checked missing OpenGL and directx in a Windows 7 Safe Mode Environment on my Notebook. Yacreaderlibrary successfully Starts and connect from iPad is working :-) so i assume no Problem in the VM Environment either.
Here a Link with Info about Qnap Virtualization
www.qnap.com/i/en/trade_teach/con_show.php?op=showone&cid=103#D

Regards
Yag
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Yag.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 8 years 7 months ago #1804

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Welcome to the forum Yag.

Yes, it should work fine. Let me know if you find any issues with your setup.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 8 years 6 months ago #1814

Yag

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I have another question regarding the possibilty of running YacreaderLibrary under Linux virtualization.
Please read on page 30 of the following broschure the topic "Comprehensive Virtualization Technology".

files.qnap.com/news/pressresource/datash..._0814-2_high_web.pdf

The QNap has the ability to run so called virtualization technologies 'Docker' and 'LXC'.
Can YacreaderLibrary be run in such environments? If so, what will my first steps into these technologies be? Just starting with it.

Is the Linux version of YacReaderLibrary stable und full usable? If so, I'll do a Linus VM anyway. Either in VM or in a Docker/LXC container ( if possible).

What would you suggest?

Regards
Yag

I just got my NAS delivered to me this weekend and it's the first time I got a NAS anyway. I'll still explore its possibilites and I#m eager to see YacReader on it :-)

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 7 years 10 months ago #2451

y0ta

Fresh Boarder

Hi Yag,

I would like to know if by any chance you success in your process of installing YAC for your qnap ?? I'm in the same process of storing my comics in my qnap and have access with my ipad.. way much more convenient than keeping my laptop switch on.

I'm using an other app right now, comic glass, which is great... but If I can have the library managed as YAC proposed... maybe will be even better.

Thx a lot
y0ta

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 7 years 10 months ago #2454

Luis Ángel

Administrator

An alternative to this is to use YACReaderLibraryServer in a device like a Raspberry Pi. It is cheap and you can have it on 24/7. You can mount your NAS in the Raspberry Pi and have your comics available for YACReader.

Obviously the best approach would be to have a package for QNAP...I want to give a shot to Docker too.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 7 years 10 months ago #2462

y0ta

Fresh Boarder

thx for your reply,

That will be great if you can come with something..! my knowledge on this is close to zero..
I can help with python or a bit of javascript.. but network i'm useless
cheers

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 6 years 2 months ago #3673

JJ

Fresh Boarder

Hi - just came across this post. I am looking into installing a qnap system and wondering if you've developed an app for YACReaderLibrary Server on qnap? I would like to have this server on my NAS... Thanks for all your efforts - been using yaclibrary/yacreader for some years now.

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 6 years 2 months ago #3674

Luis Ángel

Administrator

JJ I didn't dig into this, I don't have a QNAP system to work with so I hope the community will do some progress on this...

Freenas and Sinology are addressed in these posts:

www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/10...as-freebsd-11-1-jail

www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/65...-dockerized?start=10

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 6 years 2 months ago #3676

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

No, we don't have an app for that ;) But it should be possible to run it in a VM if your QNAP supports it.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station 6 years 2 weeks ago #3823

JJ

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for all the links and details. I've installed a VM of windows 7 on my qnap using qnap's virtualization station. I've got the yacreader library server running and it works great on my local network via wifi... but I wonder if anybody can help me configure the network settings to access remotely...

The VM nature of the operating system is alluding my sensibilities...