Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3?

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 8 years 1 week ago #2259

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Hello! I have a Raspi 3 that I would like to create a YAC server with. How do I do this? I am a total linux noob, and I have never done anything like this before. Please help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 8 years 1 week ago #2260

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Drummond,

no noob-friendly process yet. Linux deployment is mostly taken care of by me, but I'm currently suffering from a serious lack of time amd the standalone server still needs a few tweeks before I can roll it out as a Linux package (I need to make sure there are no conflicts with YACReaderLibrary since it does share quite a few files with it which turns into a problem in the packaging process).
As soon I get around doing it and provided there are no major blockers there will be a PKGBUILD for Archlinux and probably a Debian source package you can use.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 8 years 1 week ago #2262

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Interesting. So just to clarify, will the YAC server allow you to stream any of your library's comics to your ios device over a network-wifi or LTE?

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 8 years 1 week ago #2263

selmf

Developer

It is intended to stream you comics in a local network, just like the internal server (same codebase) in YACReaderLibrary. Many users do use it to stream via internet, but I discourage that as it's a possible security risk. If you want it via LTE you should use a VPN tunnel to your home network as a precaution :)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 8 years 1 week ago #2264

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Thanks for the heads up.

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 8 years 1 week ago #2265

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Writing a step by step tutorial for doing this is in my TODO list.

I have a library in a hard disk attached to my raspberry pi, and the library's folder is shared over the network (SAMBA) so I can browse it using YACReaderLibrary in my computer. So I would like that the tutorial will cover not only the compilation process but also some best practices and whatnot.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 7 years 11 months ago #2374

josephm

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

hi all and thanks for this wonderful project.

Following the interesting information found in this forum, i could compile headless yacreaderlibrary for Raspberry 3 but unfortunately there is a problem with libunarr.
As i cannot apt-get install libunarr-dev - it does not exist in Raspbian repository - it looks like qmake does not compile it as it should, therefore i get the following errors when trying to create a new library:

Corrupt JPEG data: 1 extraneous bytes before marker 0xdb
- zip.c:104: Skipping directory entry "__MACOSX/"
- rar.c:65: Skipping directory entry "Comics X"
- zip.c:104: Skipping directory entry "Comics Y" and so on for each comics

What is the best way to compile libunarr correctly?

I already tried by adding the repository of selmf as described in software.opensuse.org/download.html?proj...mf&package=yacreader but didn't worked.

and then I tryed by downloading github.com/selmf/unarr/archive/master.zip and placed it in the yacreader/compressed_archive/unarr/ directory after unzipping as adviced by Luis Angel in his README in bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/src/...ressed_archive/unarr directory.

but none worked
thanks in advance and best regards, J

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 7 years 11 months ago #2377

selmf

Developer

Hi josephm,

the directory skipping messages are harmless debug info. Disabling them would need adding a compiler switch for unarr, which potentially could influence other parts of the software.

Alas, the service I use for building the Debian and Ubuntu packages doesn't support the ARM architecture, so I can't provide you with an easy installable package. However, you could build the package yourself. The debian source package files I use are available here:

build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:selmf/libunarr

For the jpg error I would need to take a look at the comic provoking it.

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 7 years 11 months ago #2381

josephm

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

hi selmf,

thanks for the information. I compiled this source.

But all the comics do the same error .cbr and .cbz

Best regards,

Installing Headless server on Raspberry pi 3? 7 years 11 months ago #2385

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I have compiled YACReaderLibraryServer using lib7zip as the backend library for dealing with compressed files.

You are going to need the source code of p7zip version 9.20, extracted in a folder named "libp7zip" into "compressed_archive" folder.

qmake YACReaderLibraryServer.pro CONFIG+=7zip
make

BTW, I am using the 32bit version of Raspbian. This could be a x64 related issue.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
  • Page: