Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 7 years 4 months ago #2669

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

OK, after doing some checks on the code of YACReaderLibraryServer to see what could've gone wrong in merlino's case I was able to reproduce a situation similiar to what he describes. As YACReaderLibraryServer is still a work in progress it's capabilities are still limited and one of the current limitations is input sanity check.

In less complicated words, it doesn't check for typos in directories or library names (or rather the existence of a directory or library it is given as input). This means it will create empty libraries if you feed it wrong input. This is also one of the reasons why Luis currently recommends using YACReaderLibrary to handle creation of the libraries and using the headless server for serving the libraries only.

In Merlino's case I'd recommend deleting the empty library using the remove-library command and then recreating it. When creating the library, you should make sur that you use an absolute path, i.e. instead of somthing like
YACReaderLibraryServer create-library test ../../Comics/myLibrary

use
YACReaderLibraryServer create-library test /home/user/Comics/myLibrary

This also applies to adding existing libraries with the add-library command. If the library path supplied is not valid or there is no library data the current implementation will still report success and add will create an empty library.

I know, it's not pretty, but that is how it is right now. I will try and have a look at the commandline parsing code YACReaderLibraryServer currently uses so we can at least get some basic error checking and it behaves less like alpha software and more like beta ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3359

JOCELYN

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I've got a little problem.
If we put * * * * * YACReaderLibraryServer start in the crontab, we can see that the process is launch every second.
How can we do to start the library one time, at the boot of the PI.

I'm a little noob with Linux :-)

Second think, I activate a smtp service (sudo apt-get install mailutils mpack ssmtp).
And then I receive every second a mail from Cron <pi@raspberrypi> YACReaderLibraryServer start
who said:

"Logging to /home/pi/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/server_log.log
INFO 2017-10-08T14:23:01.518 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start INFO 2017-10-08T14:23:01.519
System & configuration
INFO 2017-10-08T14:23:01.519 SO : Linux (unknown version) INFO 2017-10-08T14:23:01.519 7z : found INFO 2017-10-08T14:23:01.520 Libraries: QMap(("BDs", QPair(1,"/media/pi/Comics"))) INFO 2017-10-08T14:23:01.521
WARN 2017-10-08T14:23:01.523 another instance of YACReaderLibrary is running "

It's stop now because I stop the crontab. From where come this sended mail ?

If I'm not clear, ask me, I'm french...:-)

Best regards
Joce

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3360

selmf

Developer

Well, you're already using cron, so you can't be that big of a noob.

Two things:

1. Replace "* * * *" with "@reboot" so it doesn't try to relaunch every second
2. If you don't want to get any mail about the lauch redirect the output to /dev/null

Your entry should look more or less like this:
@reboot YACReaderLibraryServer start > /dev/null

Word of caution, I did not test this. If you're lucky it just works, if not you will have to do your own research testing. Still, this should put you on the right track.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3361

JOCELYN

Fresh Boarder

Thanks for encouragement et your quick answer.

So it's work now if I redirect the output like that:
* * * * * YACReaderLibraryServer start 2>/dev/null

No more mail !!!

Before to discover '@reboot', I try first that
#* * * * * YACReaderLibraryServer start
just to see what append...the library is no more accessible by iOs App.
And if i put again the command, all is ok. Why must the command be online every second to work ? If it's normal, no problem...yet I have no more mail. But if there is something else to do, I take the soluce :lol:

Thanks for all

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3362

selmf

Developer

"#" is for comments, so it disabled that line. You only have to start the server *once*. If you start the cron entry with 5 stars it will try to start a copy of YACReader every minute. Just because you've added 2>/dev/null to remove the messages does not mean it isn't happening anymore! Use "@reboot" instead and reboot your machine once, it should've started after that.

Btw, cron might not be the right tool for that job. It's probably a better idea to create a systemd unit instead.

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3363

JOCELYN

Fresh Boarder

Yes I know for the # ;)
It was just to test because I don't understand why in your tuto you put a cron every minute and not just on the boot.
So I would test what append when the cron doesnt work every minute...It seems that the library is no more accessible.

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3364

selmf

Developer

Hrrrrm that clearly is an error in the tutorial. I will need to talk to Luis about this. X(

Sorry for the slightly harsh answer. I don't use the standalone server myself so it wasn't clear for me that you copied that stuff from the tutorial.

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3365

JOCELYN

Fresh Boarder

No problem ;-)
Thanks for your help

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3366

JOCELYN

Fresh Boarder

One more question:

I create a new library and I have those messages:

What did they mean ?

YACReaderLibraryServer in Raspberry Pi 6 years 6 months ago #3367

selmf

Developer

To be honest - no idea. First time I see this myself. We usually recommend to use YACReaderLibrary to create new libraries and the standalone server only to serve them without a gui.

This is just a hunch but maybe there is a conflict between an already running YACReaderLibraryServer and your attempt to create a new library. Kill all instances of YACReaderLibraryServer ("killall YACReaderLibraryServer") and retry. Restart the server afterwards.

If that doesn't help we will need to wait for Luis' input ;)