Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 6 years 3 months ago #3539

TheStryder

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Luis Ángel wrote:
If your mount path is /comics then use it for creating the library, /mnt/MyComics was just an example. You have to use the path to the folder where your comics are in.

Sorry I meant to say I tried the following:

YACReaderLibraryServer add-library Comics /Media/Comics

It creates the library "Comics" but there is nothing inside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 6 years 3 months ago #3540

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Is not "add-library", is "create-library". If you have an existing library, then you can add it to the libraries list using "add-library".

If you have any way to Access directly to your comics then it is better to create the library using YACReaderLibrary in a pc or mac, it will be much faster.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 6 years 3 days ago #3843

Anderson

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Thanks for your work creating this docker container! I've been running it on my UnRaid server for a few months now and it's worked great! I use it to serve a comic library that I created and manage using the YACReader desktop program so that I can sync files to the YACReader app on my iPad.

However, for some reason a couple of weeks ago the YACReader Docker stopped recognizing my existing comic library. I've tried completely deleting the docker (and it's config files) and reinstalling, and also tried replacing a previously backed up version of the configs - neither fixed this issue.

I know you're not running this docker on UnRaid, but do you have any idea what the issue might be?

If it's any use, this is what my container's log files look like:
INFO 2018-04-16T17:39:04.232 YACReaderLibrary starting
Logging to /root/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/server_log.log
INFO 2018-04-16T21:16:16.991 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2018-04-16T21:16:16.991 ---------- System & configuration ----------
INFO 2018-04-16T21:16:16.992 SO : Linux (unknown version)
INFO 2018-04-16T21:16:16.992 7z : found
INFO 2018-04-16T21:16:16.992 Libraries: QMap()
INFO 2018-04-16T21:16:16.992 --------------------------------------------

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 9 months ago #4120

kavmoradhassel

Fresh Boarder

Any luck getting 9.5.0 running in a Docker container? I've been having the same problem with my own image using 9.x, i.e. libraries not recognized, and I'm unable to re-create the libraries.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 9 months ago #4134

j4c0b14n

Fresh Boarder

I dont know about you all, but running on a raspberry pi 3,
I've had to modify the Dockerfile and rebuild.

as pull does not work at all on my pi3 running stretch

pi@b3ll:~ $ docker pull muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
0bd44ff9c2cf: Pull complete
01e51dc80d3b: Pull complete
71d840bb97b2: Pull complete
4d1250285037: Pull complete
b0d4cb48ee85: Pull complete
45e2162800b1: Pull complete
ae0da4da37ef: Pull complete
98ecfc91a09c: Pull complete
693b5cdedd22: Pull complete
8ae97a08f483: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:e3a3b35d60ba79923b816b2f727f4403ad629cde63d6f89b2cb3630e70aa2c1a
Status: Downloaded newer image for muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker:latest
pi@b3ll:~ $ docker run -d -p <redacted>:8080 -v <redacted>:/comics --name=yacserver1 muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
4ee4667530933872493e8443cd4cdb834c83921ba0f2c01f00eb31a177339ad9
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
4ee466753093 muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker "YACReaderLibrarySer…" 15 seconds ago Exited (1) 13 seconds ago yacserver1

I modified line 9 in the Dockerfile that This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. started with:

DOCKERFILE:

FROM debian:stretch
MAINTAINER This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

WORKDIR /src
WORKDIR git

# Update system
RUN apt-get update && \
apt-get -y install git qt5-default libpoppler-qt5-dev libpoppler-qt5-1 wget unzip libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5sql5 sqlite3 libqt5network5 libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a build-essential qt5-qmake desktop-file-utils qtbase5-dev qtmultimedia5-dev libpoppler-qt5-dev qtscript5-dev libqt5opengl5-dev libglu1-mesa-dev qtdeclarative5-dev
RUN git clone github.com/YACReader/yacreader.git . && \
git checkout 9.5.0
RUN cd compressed_archive/unarr/ && \
wget github.com/selmf/unarr/archive/master.zip &&\
unzip master.zip &&\
rm master.zip &&\
cd unarr-master/lzmasdk &&\
ln -s 7zTypes.h Types.h
RUN cd /src/git/YACReaderLibraryServer && \
qmake YACReaderLibraryServer.pro && \
make && \
make install
RUN cd / && \
rm -rf /src && \
rm -rf /var/cache/apt &&\
apt-get purge -y git wget build-essential && \
apt-get -y autoremove
ADD YACReaderLibrary.ini /root/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/

VOLUME /comics

EXPOSE 8080

ENV LC_ALL=C.UTF8

ENTRYPOINT ["YACReaderLibraryServer","start"]

run:
docker build . -t yacserver

After build:

docker run -d -p <port you want to use>:8080 -v <location of comics>:/comics --name=yacserver yacserver
docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library <desired server name> /comics

(or you can use a precreated library as recommended...)

I added this to my crontab:
0 7 * * * docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics

As I add comics fairly regularly...

My main issue with this... is I for some reason can't figure out why remote reading history is not kept at all.
It is a sick feature that I would love to have since my library is a lot larger than my 16gb ipad mini i use for most of my reading... I want to say this may be a permissions thing... but I'm not as much of a developer as I am a systems administrator...

Has anyone successfully dockerized yacreader and gotten the reading history to work?

Otherwise, 9.5 is an amazing upgrade to what was before...

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 9 months ago #4135

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

It makes sense that pulling the prebuilt image doesn't work as this was probably build for the AMD64 architecture, not the Raspberry's ARM. So you have to rebuild.

If that requires modifications, it could be a good idea to report it on github.com/josetesan/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker so the docker file can be improved. The docker image is a community effort after all an our involvement as YACReader devs is minimal ;)

Does the problem "remote reading history is not kept at all" happen with a non-dockerized yacreaderlibraryserver too?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 8 months ago #4176

eubbenhadd

Fresh Boarder

docker N00b here. Any step by step instructions for creating in UnRAID? I have the docker created, and assigned a port plus pointed to comic folder, but when I run, it doesn't list any libraries nor are there options to create. I'm also new to YACReader.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 7 months ago #4275

Evid3nce

Fresh Boarder

Hi,
I've installed Yacreader for Docker and its container on my Nas Synology but then I'm stuck as I don't get how to get things to work.

I assume I need to use the Terminal but not really quite sure.

I hope you can help me since I'm new to this docker thing :/

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 5 months ago #4338

nohface

Fresh Boarder

I don't understand what the purpose of this is. Will this let me use YacReader on Android?

Can someone make a YT video showing the setup process? It'd be even better if someone could show how to setup it up using Synology's docker.

Still desperately looking for a ComicRack alternative on Android (Ubooquity is not robust enough for me).

Thanks.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized 5 years 5 months ago #4343

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

nohface wrote:
I don't understand what the purpose of this is. Will this let me use YacReader on Android?

Can someone make a YT video showing the setup process? It'd be even better if someone could show how to setup it up using Synology's docker.

Still desperately looking for a ComicRack alternative on Android (Ubooquity is not robust enough for me).

Thanks.

No, you can't use YACReader in android yet, you'll have to wait until an Android app is available.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\