Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Export a Library and import it at another Mac?

Export a Library and import it at another Mac? 8 years 1 month ago #2164

Batsche

Fresh Boarder

Hi all,

at first I have to say I'm sorry for my bad english, but it's not my native language.

I have imported all my Comics in Yacreader Library. All my Comics are saved at my NAS so it took my about half the day until it was finished. Now it looks awesome and I can browse my Comics with Cover View, Ratings etc. - thats awesome.

Now my questions:
Can I export my library off my iMac that I can import it on my MacBook? And (if it works, (then I would spend money for YacReader on iOS and make it my new Comic Viewer) can I import the library with my personal marks and ratings on my iPad / iPhone?

I only can update/rename/delete my library or export/import Comic Infos but this doesn't help me when i want to add an existing library on my other device...

Is there a possibility that we can update our ratings, marks and other personal settings via iCloud on several devices (like I make my settings at my iMac and see them on my iPad)?

Ty
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Export a Library and import it at another Mac? 8 years 1 month ago #2173

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Welcome to the forum Batsche.

Your library is in your NAS, all the info in your imac is received through your local network.

If you whant to browse the library in your NAS from your MacBook you only have to install YACReaderLibrary in your MacBook and then just click the button "add existing library", then browse to your NAS and pick your comics folder, and that's all.

All the information is going to be synchronized between your computers because all the meta information used for YACReaderLibrary is already in your NAS.

If you create a library in a folder, f.e. "My Comics", YACReaderLibrary will create a hidden folder "My Comics/.yacreaderlibrary" there is where the app stores all the meta information about the library in "My Comics" folder.

BTW, if you can connect your NAS or your hard-drive using USB the creation/update of the library will be way faster.

Sync through iCloud is not supported yet, sorry.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.