Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: ComicVine tags for Comics NOT in the Same Series

ComicVine tags for Comics NOT in the Same Series 8 years 4 days ago #2280

essayhead

Fresh Boarder

Hi there! First off, thank you so much for creating the YACReader and the Library, it really is the best way to accurately organize and store digital comics :)

One issue I'm having is when I am importing a bunch of comics that are from all different series (such as weekly pulls). Since there currently isn't a way to sort all comics from when they are imported, what I do is put all the new comics in one temporary folder in my library called "z_Metadata," import the tags, then afterwards move the now-tagged comics to their correct series subfolders and update the library.

However, I've noticed a problem lately. I'll select a bunch of comics, then click the download tags button. I click "no" to the "are these all part of the same series" question, and then move forward to selecting the tags for the first comic. But once I've made my selection and select "Next," YACReaderLibrary then immediately crashes and I receive a Problem Report to send to Apple. I've just since been selecting comics one by one and updating the tags that way, but it's slow and tedious.

I don't have this problem when I bulk tag comics that are in the same series.

One thing I did notice is that when I try and bulk update comics, the ComicVine scraper will get the info based on that first comic's name (this is before I proceed and it crashes). However, if I just update comics one by one, it gives me the same random ComicVine list of unrelated titles, which means I have to press the "Back" button, add in the series title, which then gives me the correct comics to choose from (which adds to the lengthy update process).

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

YACReader 8.5.0
MacOSX 10.9.5
2012 MacBook Pro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ComicVine tags for Comics NOT in the Same Series 7 years 11 months ago #2303

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Thank you for reporting the bug.

The comic vine scraper needs a lot of work. I want to improve the UI/UX too.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.