Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Tutorial on Naming Convention and Using Scraper?

Tutorial on Naming Convention and Using Scraper? 7 years 11 months ago #2339

trevorknelson

Fresh Boarder

I've installed YACR and set up my library, but can't seem to get the Comic Vine Scraper to work correctly.
I'm not sure if it's an issue with YACR, how I'm naming my comics, or how I'me configuring the info to scrape.

Example:
Comic naming -

Folder: Marvel
Subfolder 1: The Avengers
Subfolder 2: Volume 1
File name: The Avengers 001.cbr

When I try to scrape, it opens a CV box with 14 pages of comic titles, none of which are The Avengers. There doesn't appear to be a way to force or direct a search in the CV scraper. Am I missing it?

When I edit my file, I set the Issue to 1, the volume to The Avengers. Same problem.
When I set all info to blank, same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Is there a specific file naming convention that works better (similar to how Plex looks at video)?
Is my folder structure correct?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tutorial on Naming Convention and Using Scraper? 7 years 11 months ago #2341

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The default series name choose when the scrapper is used is the folder name, in your case "Volume 1". So it won't find anything useful.

Once you see the results retrieved automatically from CV you can click the back button and enter the appropriate name for searching, in this case "The Avengers" or "Avengers" should work. And yes, that back button is not intuitive at all, sorry :/
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.