Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Run as Standard User

Run as Standard User 6 years 3 months ago #3543

BG

When I try to run YACReaderLibrary from a Standard User account in Windows 7 and then browse the library from an iPad, YACReaderLibrary on the Windows machine crashes. It only works if I am running YACReaderLibrary from an Administrator account.

Why is this and how can I ensure that YACReaderLibrary can be run from a Standard User account. I want to avoid having to run this from an Administrator account.

Thank you in advance for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Run as Standard User 6 years 3 months ago #3544

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi BG,

welcome to the forum.

I need to investigate this issue, you are not doing anything wrong, the server should work from a regular account.

Thanks for reporting this.

BTW, could you try YACReader 9 and see if the problem persists? You can find here: www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/1059-yac...r-9-0-0?limitstart=0
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Run as Standard User 6 years 3 months ago #3546

BG

Hi Luis and thank you for the fast reply.

I have installed YACReader 9 and the problem persists. Thank you for looking into this! I'm very keen to see this issue resolved!

Run as Standard User 6 years 3 months ago #3560

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi,

I could replicate the problem in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10.

I need to find what is going on here, but I can't assure you that this will be fixed before the final 9.0.0 release.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: BG

Run as Standard User 6 years 2 months ago #3629

BG

Thank you, Luis! I will wait for the 9.0.0 release. Do you have a mailing list or other way of notifying users when it is available?

Thank you again!