Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader 9.0.0

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3522

maxwill

Fresh Boarder

thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3523

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

bulochka wrote:
Sorry. New information about x64 version. I don't see crashes, but after several minutes of using it creates *.dmp file in AppData/Local/CrashDumps. x32 version don't do this. Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.125

Thanks for the testing.

Are you sure those dumps come from the x64 version? i don't see them at all, it is weird to have those files unless the app crashes.

EDIT: ok, I have found when they are created, it seems that there is a problem when YACReader is closed, it does not happen always so I need to investigate what is going on.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Luis Ángel.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3524

bulochka

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Luis Ángel,
I spent some time for using x32 and x64 versions. x32 works fine (except 2Gb files :) ). x64 creates dump file after closing, but not every time. And there is an error in windows logs. Text of error in spoiler.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3525

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have updated the windows installers with the latest build. The crash on exit in the 64bit version should be fixed now.
bulochka wrote:
Luis Ángel,
I spent some time for using x32 and x64 versions. x32 works fine (except 2Gb files :) ). x64 creates dump file after closing, but not every time. And there is an error in windows logs. Text of error in spoiler.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

bulochka could you please check them? hopefully these will be the final builds :)

BTW, I am not getting any feedback on the macos build, is everything working fine?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3526

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Don't forget that there's still some fixes to be made for the new svg icons on Linux, Luis! Nothing serious, but still …

As for the 32 bit version, Luis and I have investigated the issue and we're pretty sure this is an out of memory error. There are some things we can do to ease the pain a little, but for a real solution we will have to implement some fundamental changes to the way we load and buffer comics to really fix this issue. Which is too risky to do at the current point of development. In other words, we will have to record this as a "known issue" for now.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3527

bulochka

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
bulochka could you please check them? hopefully these will be the final builds :)
Sorry for bad news. :oops:
There is still crash on exit (x64). VCRedist was updated and PC was restarted after that.

error [ Click to expand ]

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3528

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I can't replicate the issue anymore. Please, do a clean install, be sure that the previous installation directory is totally gone before installing again. YACReader.exe Date modified should be: "1/2/1018 8:07 PM"

I have re-uploaded the installer because it was using the x86 default installation path in the x64 version.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3529

bulochka

Fresh Boarder

May be, I found something.
Clean install.
Open big-sized CBR (200-300 MB), scroll few pages and close app before file fully loaded. Then there is dump file and error in logs.

error [ Click to expand ]

x32 version has the same problem.
Crash on exit may repeat when current comics file don't fully loaded, but you already opened next file. Then you close app and receive crash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: selmf

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3532

Luis Ángel

Administrator

bulochka thanks for the thorough testing!

I found the bug. So there are new installers again, this time macos has been updated too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulochka

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 3 months ago #3533

bulochka

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
I found the bug.
Yeah!
I did some tests without mercy. No errors, no dump files. Now I can use YACR as my main comics reader.
Thank you, Luis, and other developers for great app. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel