TOPIC: YACReader 9.0.0

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3591

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

When changing the interface it usually comes down to two questions:

1. How hard is the feature itself to implement
2. How hard is it to integrate it usability-wise

Even if #1 is easy to do #2 can be a deal breaker. Writing the current zoom function was just adding a few lines of code at the right place, getting the interface feedback "just right" per Luis' standards proved to be tricky but it was worth it.

The reason I mentioned gestures as a possibility is that they don't require adding any special zones to work and the Qt toolkit we're using comes with predefined support for stuff like swipe, pinch, tap, etc. That makes it a good candidate for touch support.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3592

tomfoolery_79

Fresh Boarder

Ok, just installed. Might want to add a "add desktop shortcut" option during setup. Maybe it was there and I glanced over it...

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3601

moufoo

Fresh Boarder

Hello!

I've been meaning to test out YacReader for quite some time with a serverless version running on my remote server.

I managed to install yacreader through the ubuntu repository but after installing can't access the YACReaderLibraryServer command or YACReaderLibraryServer service.
systemctl list-unit-files | grep yac
returns nothing but
apt-cache policy yacreader
shows me YacReader 9.0.0rc1.

Have I missed out on something?

For now I'll be using the RaspberryPi tutorial to test it out but am willing to go back to a proper apt-get install if you have some answers.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3602

selmf

Developer

No, that is how it is supposed to be. The Linux packages don't include the headless library server. I will consider adding it once Luis considers it stable enough to stop recommending creating the library to be served with YACReaderLibrary instead of YACReaderLibraryServer :)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3603

michaildimdrakomathioulakis

Fresh Boarder

Hi!

I'd liked to translate the interface into Greek.

Is that possible? If yes, how?
Carpe noctem!

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3604

selmf

Developer

Yes, that is certainly possible and very much welcomed from our side :)

As far as I know the translation process works by using a special App, "Qt linguist" to load predefined files containing the respective strings needed. Once you're finished this app will create translation files which we can then load into YACReader, depending on the locale your system is set to. Sadly Luis is a bit busy right now and I don't know the process well enough, so I can't walk you through it. If you wait a few days he'll probably get back to you ;)

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3634

selmf

Developer

Michail, for the translation take a look at this thread:

www.yacreader.com/forum/translators/19-h...-translate-yacreader

The info is a little outdated but still very much valid. Here's some updates related to the current RC1:

Get Qt Linguist from here:

github.com/lelegard/qtlinguist-installers/releases

Translation files for the release candidate can be found here:

bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/raw/.../yacreader_source.ts
bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/raw/...derlibrary_source.ts

Post your finished translation (and anything related) in the translators forum. I will talk to Luis about updating the information there.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3655

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hey, for those having problems getting the QR code in macos....I can't replicate the problem

Could you open this folder and see if `qrencode` is there?
right click on YACReaderLibrary -> show package contents -> 

contents -> MacOS -> utils -> (qrencode should be here)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3656

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Hello... I'm just getting started with testing 9.0... sorry for the late arrival. I didn't realize a new version was around.

I'll throw a couple suggestions out on the table... I think I may have requested some of this a couple years ago, but who knows...

Would be nice to minimize to tray instead of taskbar.

Would be nice if, while building your library you could go into the books and reader while it builds in the background. In other words, YacReader has built the library up to letter "D"... I would like to read "Daredevil", so then I can go in and read it or browse covers, etc while YacReader builds the rest of the library E-Z in the background.

Thanks for the new version... I will report with any problems.

YACReader 9.0.0 6 years 2 months ago #3657

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Drybonz wrote:
Would be nice to minimize to tray instead of taskbar.

I promised that time ago, and it still is a promise...sorry :oops:
Drybonz wrote:
Would be nice if, while building your library you could go into the books and reader while it builds in the background. In other words, YacReader has built the library up to letter "D"... I would like to read "Daredevil", so then I can go in and read it or browse covers, etc while YacReader builds the rest of the library E-Z in the background.

You can stop the importing process and resume it whenever you want by updating the partial created library. It is just a workaround but it could work for you.

There are plans for adding autoupdates in the background, this will have to wait until these kind of background task will be done.
Drybonz wrote:
Thanks for the new version... I will report with any problems.

Thank you for testing.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz