Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Development Releases

Development Releases 7 years 3 weeks ago #3062

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

From now on the dev builds are going to be automatically uploaded to: github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-builds/releases

This will make much easier to test new features and fixes.

NOTE: Hopefully GitHub will be the definitive home for dev builds.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox, Drybonz, tarasis, maxwill

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3096

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Hi... I noticed there was a new iOS version in test flight. Is there a new stable version of the Windows YACReader we can use with that?

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3097

Luis Ángel

Administrator

The current release should work fine with it, and the latest developer version too, it will be released a little bit later than the iOS version.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3099

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

Hi,

I just saw the iOS version beta in Test Flight.. installed it and love the new reader UI..

Is there a new macOS beta available that reflects the changes from the development release (seems only Windows version available on the topic).

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3104

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Not yet, but it is ready to be tested
The following user(s) said Thank You: skrimaging

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3105

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Hi Luis... I'm glad to see you have some new betas, etc... I was afraid you had stopped working on YACReader. There were a couple feature requests I had made a very long time ago and I thought I would check to see if they could make it into a new version.

I would love to be able to minimize YACReader library to the system tray so that it can be tucked away when it is running as a server to the iOS app. A standalone server in the system tray would also be a really great solution.

I would really like to be able to change the location of the .yacreaderlibrary folder with the cover thumbnails in it. It is being created in my comics library folder, which I would prefer to keep clean of extra folders.

Thanks for considering.

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3107

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

Cool! can't wait to test out the Mac Beta!

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3109

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Technically it's more an alpha/development release, but it should be quite usable.

The Mac version is mostly finished, Luis just needs to figure out a good way sign the app so you don't get the "YACReader not found" bug when running it.

Drybonz, would the headless server work for your usecase?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3115

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

selmf wrote:
Drybonz, would the headless server work for your usecase?

Hi selmf... I'm not familiar with the headless server. Is it something you already have in development?

*edit* Ideally, something like the developer of Comic Glass has for his app would be really nice. Just a small thing that sits in the system tray and transmits to the iOS app. It's here if you want to take a look: comicglass.net/download/toolsdownload/
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Drybonz.

Development Releases 6 years 11 months ago #3116

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

The headless server is YACReaderLibrary minus the graphical user interface. Literally just a command line app that serves your comics and has some basic library creating/updating features. It's mostly used by people runnning a Raspberry Pi or something similar to serve their comics but it's also available for Windows and Mac. No tray icon though :D
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.