Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Development Releases

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3162

cnmcleod

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 3

I try the windos BETA, does it work whith tactil windows 10 tablets?
Another idea would be operate with Yaclibrary and open comics from there with another compatible app (Cover, Coview, Gonvisor...)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3163

cnmcleod

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 3

downloaded windows beta. Inoperative in tablet touch screen based on win10, a pitty.
Library fine as always. Please include the possibilotie of using library as a standalone app and open comics with other readers by a double click.
Bigger icons would be fine too.

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3167

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

carmat06 wrote:
Do these builds include the command line library server? I have tried the macos version, and when I run
$ /Applications/YACReaderLibrary.app/Contents/MacOS/YACReaderLibrary start

It should be
/Applications/YACReaderLibraryServer/Contents/MacOS/YACReaderLibraryServer start
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3182

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

Just installed latest macOS development build and am happy to say that the frustrating Firewall alert is gone! I do have a few feedback I would like to give though:

1- Bug in the QR code scanner.. gives me an error generating QR code message.

2- when in the new metadata view, maybe adding a limiter that would see that if view is at the last comic, it would not allow user to scroll past that last comic would be a better implementation... right now, user can scroll way past the last comic and looks weird.

3- would love it if the info panel could be put in the side instead of bottom (adding a setting would help)... right now, comics are shown in a strip above the metadata.. a cool way to present could be the current grid view but adding a separate panel on it'S right that would show info of selected comic.

4- also a way to resize the info panel would be nice to give more room to show the comics and keep the info panel smaller on screen (it is scrollable so all info could be seen by scrolling if user resizes it to be smaller).

those are the few feedbacks I have.. other than that, seems to be working fine on macOS.

Keep up the great work.

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3188

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@skrimaging Can you open YACReader from YACReaderLibrary in the developer version? Is this "YACReader not found" bug solved? yacreader.com/forum/support-osx/638-bugs-on-macos-sierra
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3190

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

I saw no errors opening YACReader from the library.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3191

xbommelx

Fresh Boarder

I've also installed the Dev Version (after trying the normal version). I also can't open YACReader from the Library but there're no Error Messages at all. Nothing happens.

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3192

Luis Ángel

Administrator

xbommelx wrote:
I've also installed the Dev Version (after trying the normal version). I also can't open YACReader from the Library but there're no Error Messages at all. Nothing happens.

Try to download the dmg again and place YACReaderLibrary and YACReader together in your desktop, let me know if it works.

Development Releases 6 years 10 months ago #3193

xbommelx

Fresh Boarder

Try to download the dmg again and place YACReaderLibrary and YACReader together in your desktop, let me know if it works.

Nope, nothing has changed. Are there any logfiles?

Development Releases 6 years 9 months ago #3209

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@skrimaging I didn't have time for commenting you feedback
skrimaging wrote:
1- Bug in the QR code scanner.. gives me an error generating QR code message.
The qr generator has changed in this release, so I am wondering what is going on. I try to revert to the previous generator for the next release (hopefully a release candidate).

skrimaging wrote:
2- when in the new metadata view, maybe adding a limiter that would see that if view is at the last comic, it would not allow user to scroll past that last comic would be a better implementation... right now, user can scroll way past the last comic and looks weird.
Does it bounce back when you scroll beyond the latest comic?

skrimaging wrote:
3- would love it if the info panel could be put in the side instead of bottom (adding a setting would help)... right now, comics are shown in a strip above the metadata.. a cool way to present could be the current grid view but adding a separate panel on it'S right that would show info of selected comic.

4- also a way to resize the info panel would be nice to give more room to show the comics and keep the info panel smaller on screen (it is scrollable so all info could be seen by scrolling if user resizes it to be smaller).
Did you realize that the info panel is available in the grid view? It is resizable and its placed on the right side. There is a button in the bottom right corner for enabling it (in the toolbar next to the cover size slide). This is going to be an usability problem for sure :(

Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.