Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad

Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad 10 years 6 months ago #228

Onuba

Fresh Boarder

Comic imported to iPad using iTunes or DropBox don't keep the comic-tag data create in YACReader Library. :(
The only way to keep the tags is import them using a direct iPad-Mac computer Wi-Fi connection.
Is this a bug?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad 10 years 6 months ago #232

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

No, is not.

YACReaderLibrary doesn't modifiy your comic files for adding tag information. It keep all the tags in a database. If you modify a comic file, then its file hash changes, an this is a problem for the users sharing information about the their comics.

You can back up your tags using the "Export comics info" feature.

BTW, I am working on a new feature for importing the tags automatically from ComicVine.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad 10 years 6 months ago #233

Onuba

Fresh Boarder

I'm confused, if you add information (tags) you should be able to see it in the iPad and (I hope in the next version) be able to use this data to organize your comics in the iPad.

Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad 10 years 6 months ago #235

Luis Ángel

Administrator

You can get the tags in your iPad transferring the files using YACReaderLibrary.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad 10 years 6 months ago #237

Onuba

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
You can get the tags in your iPad transferring the files using YACReaderLibrary.

Exactly (see my first post). But in not working when you transfer the comics using iTunes (faster). Would you please fix this?

Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad 10 years 6 months ago #239

Luis Ángel

Administrator

When you 'add' tags to your comics using YACReaderLibrary, these tags are stored in the library.ydb file that you have sent to me, not in the comic, so when you copy the comic to your dropbox account, or using iTunes, YACReader for iOS doesn't know where the tags are.

In future versions I will add more sync options between iOS and Desktop versions, so you can get the tags after importing a comic from dropbox or itunes.

Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad 10 years 6 months ago #243

Onuba

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
In future versions I will add more sync options between iOS and Desktop versions, so you can get the tags after importing a comic from dropbox or itunes.

OK, thanks, It would be great an updated version of the iOS Reader with the possibility to view/organize the comics according to series, genre, etc.

As a coordinator of a comic-lover club with more than 500 members, we have had many discussions about the best way to organize and read comics in computers and tablets. We have been using other programs, like “ComicBook lover”, Comic Zeal, etc, but we are still looking for a definitive solution.
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Onuba.

Losing comic-tags when imported to iPad 10 years 6 months ago #244

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Onuba, any feedback will be very appreciated. I will be glad to hear from your discussions.