Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: iPad Pro app

iPad Pro app 4 years 5 months ago #4893

vrontax

Fresh Boarder

Hi there,
I recently purchase the app from the Apple store. Many problems. I cannot import files via usb ( pressing the button via usb icon in the import tab, there is no response). There is no way to import via files app. I said that’s ok. I upload 1,5 gb of pdf comics in a folder, at google drive. I successfully import them in yacreader, but when I check the iPad storage, I saw that the the 1,5gb pdf folder, takes at about 6+ gb on my iPad storage. What am I doing wrong? Is there a proper way to upload files in this app
Thank you in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

iPad Pro app 4 years 5 months ago #4894

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

You need to copy the comics first before you tap the Import button. The button does nothing if there are no comics to import. Depending on the operative system you are using, you need to use iTunes (file sharing) or Finder in macos catalina to copy the files to the app. This is by far the fastest method if you want to import 1.5GB of comics.

If you want to import from Finder, you can do it: Import -> More... -> browse

PDF is not the best format for comics, I recommend cbr or cbz. YACReader pre-renders PDF files while importing, so that's the reason they take more space after importing them.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

iPad Pro app 4 years 5 months ago #4915

vrontax

Fresh Boarder

Hi there,
Thank you for the fast response. Cbr and cbz files shows ok.
1.5 gb of pdf comics, takes 4 gbs of space and 10 mb pdf book of 700 pages takes about 600 mb of disk space. This is a huge bug. If you don’t do something about that, it’s developer’s problem. All I know,is that I waste 3,5 € for nothing, but i m ok with that, because at least, I use the free app In my Mac, which works well.
My opinion is that you should not advertise pdf support for this app. I delete the app from my iPad and I replace it with the SideBooks one. It,s free, you can import only from Dropbox, but at least it works fine for PDFs, cbr and cbz files.
Thanks again for the fast response

Friendly

George

iPad Pro app 4 years 5 months ago #4916

Luis Ángel

Administrator

10 mb pdf book YACReader is not advertised as a book reader, just comics.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

iPad Pro app 3 years 1 month ago #5798

Levander

Fresh Boarder

Is this the reason why PDF is impossibly slow when jumping pages while browsing remotely and is there something it can be done in that regard? (When imported jumping to desired page is working perfectly fast)

iPad Pro app 3 years 1 month ago #5799

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I can’t tell without taking a look at the file first.