Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: YacReader crashes and wont load

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6761

Lizard

Fresh Boarder

That worked! I had to reconnect to my existing libraries in YacReaderLibrary, but that only took a minute. I tested opening by double-click, opening from within YRLibrary, and opening from within YacReader. All good.

I will send folder through email.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6764

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Thanks, I will check what could be going on with your settings files.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6765

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Something is off with the `bookmarks.yacr` file. I will try to add a fix so this doesn't happen again.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 10 months ago #6766

Lizard

Fresh Boarder

I recently (at roughly the same time I noticed YACReader was failing) added a new hard drive and copied files from an old one. While the vast bulk of my comics are on my F: drive (where the libraries are), which was untouched, a few were on my K: drive, which was copied to an M: drive and then removed. For several days, both drives were connected. It is *possible* that I opened a file on K: which was then removed (because the drive was), OR, a partially-read file from K; (I notice YAC Reader remembers progress even for files not in a YAC Library) was moved to M:, but it was looking for a record of reading progress on K. Why this might affect comics opened from the Library, or from within the app itself, I dunno, unless the open file process includes "scan my records of partially read comics to see if this is one of them" and it glitched.

If this is helpful, great; if it's irrelevant to how YacReader actually works, well, so it goes.

I can't even be sure the two happened concurrently; I mostly use the iOS reader app (which is wonderful and why I am a patreon), so the issue with the Windows reader might have happened earlier but I didn't notice it until I happened to be opening comics at the same time the transfer process was occurring.

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 10 months ago #6767

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Yeah, the reader can keep bookmarks when it is used without the library app. The crash happens when it tries to load that info from the `bookmarks.yacr` file. I need to find time to debug it and try to find what is going on exactly.

Thank you for the feedback and for sending me the folder, it is really appreciated and the only way I can find about this kind of issues. :ok:
  • Page: