Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Crashes on iPad 7?

Crashes on iPad 7? 1 year 7 months ago #7015

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I can't tell you the last time I've even seen an ios app crash, but here we go. If I scroll through one particular part of my server on my iPad 7, the os black screens with a small loading wheel in the center then locks the device. Is the app sending crash reports? Oddly enough, the crash isn't happening on my iPad mini 2 running ios 12.5.5 lol.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crashes on iPad 7? 1 year 7 months ago #7016

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

It sends crash reports, but the app has a very small % of crashes, mostly related to being killed by the OS because of RAM usage. All apps crash.

Are you importing comics while scrolling?

Can you test the latest version in Testflight? testflight.apple.com/join/5zhB7sRP
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Crashes on iPad 7? 1 year 7 months ago #7018

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Just gave your latest a try. Same thing happens. I don't have to import from the library to get it to exit from the app. The files are oddly formatted web toons. It's probably because the images in the archives, including the one on the first page, are very long. They were designed to be read on your phone screen, and scrolled down without traditional page turns. That might be triggering some kind of weird ram problem.

Crashes on iPad 7? 1 year 7 months ago #7019

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Please send me a screenshot by mail, I need to replicate this behavior to push a fix. The latest beta includes a fix for handling those super tall covers nicely, but maybe it is only working in the local library and not in the remote browser.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Crashes on iPad 7? 1 year 7 months ago #7020

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have pushed a new build to testflight that solves the layout problem, let me know if it also fixes the crash.

Crashes on iPad 7? 1 year 7 months ago #7021

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Tried the newest build. No change in crashes. Emailed you.