DSM Version DSM 6.22-24922 Update 6

NAS VM Specs
CPU Cores 2
CPU Compatibility Mode Disabled
CPU Relative Waight Normal
Memory 4 GB
BIOS Legacy BIOS
OS Windows 10 1909
Limited apps installed and YAC Reader Library set to boot with the system.

I hope that helps

Philip
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DSM for Synology's NAS 3 years 4 months ago #5544

stabary

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

brand new user of YAC Reader Library (so far I was only using YAC reader fo viewing my CBR/CBZs), I like it a lot.
Especially because I am an iPhone and iPad user and this allows me to access my very very very large comics database without having to store any.

As I am also a Synology NAS user, I went straight to the forum to learn more about the potential way of running it from there and unfortunately my NAS being a small home user one (DS414J with 512Mo RAM) there is no way I can run a VM on it.

Now, I read from Luis and Selmf that the issue might come from the use of QT. Now if the full packaging of YACReader Library to DSM is too complicated, wouldn't it be possible to only port the headless server? This would mean having to run some kind of YAVReader Library Manager still on a desktop (Linux, Windows or MacOS) with its configuration and OLTP data stored in a file or in a database running as well on the NAS (where the comings cbz and cbr are anyway) and the only thing actually running on the NAS is the server module answering to iOS requests making the comics available anywhere for reading. I doubt you use any QT Artifacts there, do you?

Regards
STephane

DSM for Synology's NAS 3 years 4 months ago #5548

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Qt is formed by a variety of modules, the one that takes care of the GUI is just one of them, and the headless server doesn’t use it, so there is no way to remove Qt as a dependency.

But if you are willing to run it in a computer you can try to connect your NAS to your computer (e.g. using s shared folder) and use YACReaderLibrary as the server accessing the contents in your NAS.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

DSM for Synology's NAS 3 years 4 months ago #5549

stabary

Fresh Boarder

That's what I already do. But it forces me to give access to the machine that runs the server from the outside which my NAS is both configured and secured for. But that was worth asking. I'll see if I can do something from the source.
  • Page: