Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Size of cbr/cbz files

Size of cbr/cbz files 4 years 7 months ago #4709

Bully FU

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I thought I was able to view the size of files before I imported them into the app before but it seems it doesn't allow me to do that anymore and there is nowhere in the reader that allows me to see how much space a particular book is using. Knowing the size of the file would be very helpful in knowing what I can add, what I need to delete, etc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Size of cbr/cbz files 4 years 7 months ago #4710

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The file size was shown in the old browser and I decided to remove it to have more size for the title/filename and simplify the UI.

I need think how can I fit the file size in the current UI.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Size of cbr/cbz files 4 years 7 months ago #4711

Bully FU

Fresh Boarder

I'm glad this wasn't something I just thought was there. I don't know if it would be possible to put the file size elsewhere, like on folders rather than individual comics. That might be easier to keep track of and there might be space that way without having to bump anything else. Just an idea.

Size of cbr/cbz files 4 years 6 months ago #4811

Bully FU

Fresh Boarder

I like the recent update, good job! While looking things over though I was curious if the size of the comic/file could be placed in the information screen? I know you said you would need to find a place to put it since you removed it previously from files that were being downloaded to the iPad but having it on the info screen would be much better than not having it at all. I would think there is plenty of space there to do that also. Just making a suggestion and asking if that's possible.

Size of cbr/cbz files 4 years 4 days ago #5147

Bully FU

Fresh Boarder

Figured I'd bump this to ask if this is something that we might see anytime in the future? I can't imagine I'm the only one who would like to be able to see that again. I've hoped with each update that it would return but with no luck. This last update came with a lot of visual changes to the import page but no luck.

It wouldn't be much of an issue if it stopped trying to import a file once it sees there isn't space available for it but instead it will download part of it and fill that space without stopping until it consumes all of the space there is and I have trouble clearing that back up quickly. Usually I have to delete a reboot my iPad to clear it up.