Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Windows + YacLibrary icons package and customize

Windows + YacLibrary icons package and customize 4 years 1 day ago #5155

maeggor

Fresh Boarder

Hi everyone!

I am a huge fan of customization in windows and have all folders clean and with awesome icons! So it will be great that YacLibrary in Windows (for the server) could read hidden files in a way that for example get a specific type name (for example #nameofthefolder-logo.pdf) and take this as cover for the folder. Now you have to create a specific file in pdf, reanem it and its tedious a little bit.

I share to you my files to this customization so you can watch candyeye your library in Windows 10 and also in iOS through YacLibrary server

PREVIEW IN WINDOWS 10

PREVIEW IN YACREADER IN IPADOS

LINK TO COMPRESSED FILES (MEDIAFIRE)

Be free to share your ideas and more icons and previews of another publishers

The structure of the folder would be:

PUBLISHER FOLDER
- "plubliser"-icon.ico
- "plubliser"-iconPNG.png
- #"plublisher"-logo.pdf
- "plubliser"-logoPNG.png
- desktop.ini

All thanks to all creators in DevianArt and other sites where I could grab this awesome icons!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Windows + YacLibrary icons package and customize 4 years 22 hours ago #5157

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hello and thanks for the suggestion. Custom directory icons have been requested a few times already if I'm not mistaken.
IMHO implementing a standard for setting custom icons just for YACReader on a single platform (Windows) would be overkill. What we could do is – if such a standard already exists – try to support it if the work vs usability improvement is reasonable.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.