Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: REAL TIME COMIC TRANSLATION

REAL TIME COMIC TRANSLATION 2 years 10 months ago #6019

Gnzlz

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

It would be nice to have the app recognize and automatically translate comics from original language to any language you'd like, something like Google Lens but without needing to track and replace text on moving surfaces. Applying the same typography should be an issue, most comics use the same, so translating and replacing text bubbles seems not that complicated.

Obviously translations would not be 100% accurate (like using Google Translate) but you know, they would benefit those who can't find comics in their mother language.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

REAL TIME COMIC TRANSLATION 2 years 10 months ago #6020

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

I doubt we have the manpower or expertise to pull of something like Google Lens in YACReader. We're an open source app though, so if you are interested in this feature you can always try to implement it yourself and we can add it once it is working :)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnzlz

REAL TIME COMIC TRANSLATION 2 years 10 months ago #6053

Gnzlz

Fresh Boarder

I may bring this back, as Apple showcased one interesting new feature coming to iOS and iPadOS, that is Live Text, working both on camera and on gallery pictures. Wouldn't this be helpful at all for developing something similar for YACR?

REAL TIME COMIC TRANSLATION 2 years 10 months ago #6054

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

I remembered this post as soon as I saw the announcement :) The list of things to do is huge, so I can't promise this will get implemented. If it is easy to implement and integrate into the existing app code I will give it a shot one of these days.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnzlz

REAL TIME COMIC TRANSLATION 2 years 10 months ago #6055

Gnzlz

Fresh Boarder

Brutal! Es todo un detalle que te recordara al post, esperemos que sí sea sencillo o por lo menos no muy complicado porque me parecería un gran avance que muchos agradecerían. Un saludo y gracias de nuevo por considerar la oportunidad de implementarlo.

Seguid así!