Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Suppress display of pages in a comic

Suppress display of pages in a comic 9 years 2 months ago #1068

Steve Simmons

Fresh Boarder

Many comics posted are full of non-comic material like advertising, letters pages, 'brag images' by the scanner, etc. I'd like to be able to see a set of thumbnails of all pages of a comic, select a number of them, and mark them as not to be displayed when reading the comic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suppress display of pages in a comic 9 years 2 months ago #1073

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

The needed changes for all your suggestions are related, so I should have to do everything at once.

I am not sure when I am going to have time for doing it, so I can't give you an ETA.

Thanks!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Suppress display of pages in a comic 9 years 2 months ago #1076

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Even without a fancy thumbnail based user interface having a blacklist in form of "negative bookmark list" per comic could be a useful feature. As it's non-intrusive, it shouldn't be too hard to implement.
Thanks for the suggestion.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Suppress display of pages in a comic 8 years 5 months ago #1898

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I would love to see a feature like this. Even better would be a feature that would allow you to delete pages from the .cbr/.cbz file itself. I hate having to unzip/unrar files, delete the images I don't need to save space, and then recompress the files.

Simple Comic reader for OS X claims to have this feature, but I have never seen it actually work. I have tried it numerous times. Comic Rack for Windows also has this feature, and it apparently works as advertised.