Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Page width stretch for single pages only

Page width stretch for single pages only 8 years 2 months ago #2050

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

User feedback is (almost) always good. It's almost impossible to change something without breaking someones workflow and we need to make sure the gain justifies the pain in such cases...

For reference:

xkcd.com/1172/
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Page width stretch for single pages only 8 years 2 months ago #2060

gonzaxpain

Fresh Boarder

Is this new "full page mode" going to crop the white margins?? I'd really love an option for that. Some comics have too much wasted blank space which makes the images too small to read. That is in fact the only reason nowadays for which I sometimes need to switch from Yac to Cover in order to read certain comics in portrait mode. Do you intend to add that feature in the near future or is it perhaps included in that new fullpage mode?

Page width stretch for single pages only 8 years 2 months ago #2061

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

No, this will only make sure the reader always fits the whole page to the screen. Whichever site of the page is too big will be scaled down to fit YACReader's window. You can of course still zoom in and out to get a slightly better reading experience.

Autocrop and similar "intelligent" features would require us to implement more image analysis capacities and right now we don't really have the manpower for that. We really could use one or two more developers for some aspects of the reader ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gonzaxpain
  • Page: