Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database

SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database 7 years 8 months ago #2466

josephm

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi Luis Angel,

Nice to see back the forum :lol:

Could you consider to implement in a next release SMB/CIFS protocol to access the comics directly without any server needed?

Best regards

J
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database 7 years 8 months ago #2467

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The good stuff of having a dedicated server is that you don't need to import/download a comic for start reading it.

In any case, I will keep in mind a SMB/CIFS browser, but it will not happen soon, I have a lot of things to do first...

Thanks for the suggestion.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database 7 years 2 months ago #3009

josephm

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I Come back to this suggestion, it would be nice to open and read the files with the ios app on a remote computer directly or nas, without needing to create and use the library or server, can you implement this feature?

Many thanks,

SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database 7 years 2 days ago #3085

dhernan3

Fresh Boarder

I would like also to be able to read directly from NAS (smb,nfs,webdav,...) a la "Perfect Viewer" or "Comic Screen" for Android.

Also, I would like a YacReaderLibrary for Android. I have my HD attached to an Android box (connected to my TV), and my comics are all inside that HD. So with an Android server, I will not need to have the iMac powered on.

Regards.

Diego

SMB/CIFS protocol to access comics database 7 years 1 day ago #3086

dhernan3

Fresh Boarder

I also would like that feature. I used to use PerfectViewer and ComicScreen for Android. Both can open comics directly from smb, without downloading first to tablet.

Or at least, a YacReaderLibrary for android. I have my HD attached to an Android box, always on, but to use YacReader I need to have powered on my iMac connected via smb to my android box...

Kind regards.

Diego