Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Chapter View and Advance search options

Chapter View and Advance search options 7 years 4 months ago #2716

cimchnas

Fresh Boarder

Hi, i am very happy in using yacreader for reading manga comics. And along the way, the're some features that i really am hoping to be included for your future updates.

If you will consider, it would be very great if you will add a chapter view. For the yac library, There are zipped comics in which inside are multiple folders, that are usually labeled as chapters of the comic book. With this function, the reader will be guided if to which chapter he is currently. It would also help the reader to switch between the different chapters.

Another thing is the Advance search options. As for my idea, it would be awesome if the user would be given the privilege to search comics based on certain filter parameters. Such as searching comics based on authors, genres, read status, or even published dates and comic publish status (could be done either a single chosen parameter or a combination).

Well, these would be all, thank you so much for providing such an amazing application. I'm very much looking forward for your next update.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by cimchnas.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Chapter View and Advance search options 7 years 3 months ago #2971

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Sorry for the late response...

I don't like this way for organizing chapters in comic files, but lately I am seeing it more and more. I will add your suggestion to the TODO list but I can't give you an ETA...

The search engine supports two filters so far: [read] and [unread] (read status). You have to write them (with the braces) before the string you are using for filtering comics. This means that there are some work already done and more filters are comming.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Chapter View and Advance search options 7 years 3 months ago #2976

cimchnas

Fresh Boarder

Hi, I did not know you have that feature on your search functionality. Thank you for the information. I immediately tried it after reading your reply post, but it did not work on me. I did exactly as what you said and typed [read] or [unread] but it did not sorted the comics either.

Chapter View and Advance search options 7 years 3 months ago #2977

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

What version are you using? osx, windows, linux?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\