Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 9 months ago #4055

lrdwlmr

Fresh Boarder

I just upgraded to 3.0 on my iPad and 9.5.0 on my desktop, and I can't connect. When I navigate to the IP and port in my browser, I can access my library, but when I try to connect using the same IP and port on my iPad, the connection times out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 9 months ago #4060

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

That sounds like a network problem. I would say that the firewall is blocking the 9.5.0 YACReaderLibrary.exe

Are you using Windows?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 9 months ago #4061

lrdwlmr

Fresh Boarder

That was it! I got into the Windows firewall settings and it was blocked. It's working perfectly now. Thanks!

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 9 months ago #4063

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Great!
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 8 months ago #4202

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

After initially experiencing no issues with the upgraded MacOS and IOS software, I can no longer access the library via the IOS application. When I use the server data via a browser on either mu iMac or my iPad, I am able to access the library. There have been no changes to my firewalls, and after double-checking them, YACReader is not blocked.

This is very frustrating.

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 8 months ago #4204

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Are you sure that the connection data in the iOS device is the right one? Double check specially the Port.

The only reason for this is a network problem, every time I get report about a problem like this is the network or something related to connection data. What version of iOS are you using?

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 8 months ago #4205

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

I am using IOS 11.4.1. I verified the port mapping as well. I tried both typing in the server data as well as using the QR Reader. I also tried to use the other two server addresses that were available in the MacOS application. None of this worked.

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 8 months ago #4206

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

I can get to the folder selection screen (Browse: Folders, Reading Lists, Favorites, Tags), but when I select "Folders", I get the following "Error The request timed out"

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 8 months ago #4207

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Can you create a test library in your desktop and then try with that library? Let me know if that works, if it does I am going to need some files from you to see what is going on.

Just upggraded; iOS app won't connect to library 5 years 8 months ago #4213

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

After creating a test library on my desktop and within the existing library, I observed that they both worked fine. So I deleted my old library which was located in the root of my external drive and created a main folder in which I moved all of the series folders into. After updating the new library everything appears to be working for now. Previously, I had been deleting and creating new libraries in the root of the drive with no success.