Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Having trouble importing large number of files.

Having trouble importing large number of files. 9 years 6 months ago #811

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

I copied 1100 comics to my ipad using iTunes today. YACreader could see them and started to import fine, but after about 100 it crashed to the desktop.
I can start it again and it has the properly imported comics ok, it says it has a thousand left, as soon as I click import it crashes straight away.
I thought it might be a space problem, since I was close to the limit, but I made space and it hasn't helped.

Would it be a bad file?
Shouldn't it just ignore it instead of crashing?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Having trouble importing large number of files. 9 years 6 months ago #812

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

It is difficult to say what is going on, but it seems that a bad file could be causing the issue. As you have said, YACReader ignores bad files and launches a message telling about the issue when it finished importing comics.

Could you send me the file that is causing the crash?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Having trouble importing large number of files. 9 years 6 months ago #813

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

It looks like it is a bad file. I can open it manually in CDisplayEx though.

Deleting it from my iTunes app page allowed importing to complete, though importing _did_ crash the app two other times, but restarting it, it just resumed, it didn't immediately crash like it did with the bad file.

I'll put the bad file back in and make sure it crashes again before I send it to you.

(And I haven't forgotten about trying to compile on my Raspberry Pi, I just haven't had much time recently!)

Having trouble importing large number of files. 9 years 6 months ago #814

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Kinesia,

I suspect that the file that is giving you problems could have a mac os x specific extra folder that is known to sometimes cause trouble. You should try to check the bad file for extra folders like __MACOSX and if you find it remove it.
Regarding the Raspberry Pi I already did some tests and sadly it's currently impossible to compile YAC on it as the opengl code in YACReader doesn't work on embedded open gl versions. It still might be possible to remove the opengl part if you can live without the fancy cover flow features.

Regards,

Felix
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Having trouble importing large number of files. 9 years 6 months ago #815

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

I take care about the __MACOSX in my code (both iOS and desktop versions), it shouldn't be an issue.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\