Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: What NAS buy?

What NAS buy? 9 years 3 months ago #947

Tokimeki

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi, I want to buy a NAS, and after much research I do not know which model to buy.

The only thing I have clear is that it has to be marked "synology". Does anyone here have any NAS that support library YACReader could help me?

I hesitate between these models:

- NAS Synology DS114: MARVELL Armada 370 88F6707 1x1.2 GHZ, 512MB RAM (160€)
- NAS Synology DS215J: MARVELL Armada 375 88F6720 2x800 MHZ, 512MB RAM (170€)
- NAS Synology DS214: MARVELL Armada XP MV78230 2x1.066 GHz, 512MB RAM (250€)
- NAS Synology DS214 Play: INTEL Atom CE5335 2x1.6 GHZ, 1GB RAM (300€)

I want to clarify that ONLY want the NAS to access comics cloud, even if I'm away from home. So I would use it to back up the main PC, access other data (documents, download a video file to another PC, etc). I want to spend as little as possible, but I do not mind paying more if the performance really shows: it is most important.

Thanks.

PD I'll just connect an HDD, and I will not connect more hard drives in the future.
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Tokimeki.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What NAS buy? 9 years 3 months ago #948

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Even if you have a NAS you will need a computer turned on for running YACReaderLibrary (FYI)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tokimeki

What NAS buy? 9 years 3 months ago #950

Tokimeki

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

It was my understanding that Synology allowed to run software: do you can't install it on the NAS and running it? I guess that is not compatible program windows with Synology SO... for me is very important to have the PC off and access the library only in the NAS.

Is it not possible that the first time we create the library of NAS in the PC and the next time the app to connect iPad to put the IP of the NAS without needing a PC?
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Tokimeki.

What NAS buy? 9 years 3 months ago #951

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

No, you can't connect YACReader for iOS to a NAS without having YACReaderLibrary running in a PC. Your only chance is browsing your NAS using Safary (the NAS has to have a web server) and import the comics using the "Open in..." feature in your iOS device after downloading them.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\