Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: iTunes + Library + Network not working properly

iTunes + Library + Network not working properly 9 years 2 months ago #1047

Uchi

Fresh Boarder

Hey, I'm brand new to this app and I just bought it for my iPad.

I managed to successfully generate a library on my Macbook Pro (yosemite) just fine. However, I've tried many different ways to access the same library on my iPad mini. For whatever reason, the network keeps timing out and I don't know what to do as far iTunes goes. The tutorials don't explain anything. The youtube videos just show how the app looks once it works but doesn't show users how to actually get the thing to function properly.

I don't want this to be a complete waste of money, I'm new to this and have been trying to figure it out on my own for more time than I would like to. I just want to start reading my comics on my iPad.

Please help asap, thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

iTunes + Library + Network not working properly 9 years 2 months ago #1048

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I am posting here my response by email:

Could you tell me what IP and port are you using to connect to your Mac? Are you using the QR code in the server config dialog (YACReaderLibrary)? Do you have a firewall running in your Mac? If so, please, let YACReaderLibrary get connections through it.

Please, let me know as much information as possible for solving your issues as soon as possible.

If you wish we keep the conversation here, maybe it will be useful for other users.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

iTunes + Library + Network not working properly 9 years 2 months ago #1057

jethoman

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I had this same problem, but seemed to be related to the Mac Firewall being turned on. I am sure that you can configure it to allow all traffic to and from YAC Library, but I just turned it off. The web feature worked well after that. If you are continuing to have trouble, go into iTunes and select your iPad mini, and then the apps section. Scroll down until you see the apps that you can add files to. Select YAC and click add or drag and drop your comics into the file area.

iTunes + Library + Network not working properly 9 years 2 months ago #1059

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The issue of Uchi was his/her network setup, something unusual.

Thank you for the help jethoman, I am sure that other users will find it useful.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\