Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload?

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 3 months ago #1946

Ponk

Fresh Boarder

Hi all,

Just in the last few weeks I've suddenly been encountering an issue with importing comics via iTunes/Lightning USB cable to my iPad Air. For the majority of the comic files the progress bar will get to less than half-complete before jumping to the next file, only to come up with the error...
"Error importing comics
There were error during the import process, please, check your files and/or network connectivity."

I've checked the files themselves and they are intact - in fact, a second (or third, or fourth) attempt on the same file is sometimes successful. Nothing has changed about the format or file types I'm using, I've attempted to use an alternate USB cable for comparison with the same results, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Has anyone else experienced this same trouble lately, or maybe have some idea what's causing it?

Edit: For clarity, I'm using the latest version of YACreader on iOS 9.2, in conjunction with iTunes 12.3.2.35 on Windows 8.1 Pro.
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Ponk. Reason: Updated info
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 3 months ago #1949

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I will try to replicate this.

You have to wait until the comics are fully copied into the device before you try to import them. Is iTunes still synching when you try to import?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 3 months ago #1953

Ponk

Fresh Boarder

The files are definitely completely copied before I attempt the import - depending on how many files I'm working with, I usually do them in batches of 10-15 at a time. I also usually stop the iPad sync when I'm loading comics on, as it tends to delay the App tab from loading up in the first place (if I don't stop it, it's because I've connected the iPad early so sync can finish first).

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 3 months ago #1960

Nitemare15

Fresh Boarder

I am definitely having the same issue. I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina on El Capitan. I have an iPad Air 2 on 8.3. I can update to 9.2 if needed. I've tried to do it via importing through iTunes and I get the same error the topic creator has. I've also tried via wifi and the YAC server. Still the same error. Any input in fixing this would be great.

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 3 months ago #1977

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Are you keeping the app opened while it is importing? I would like to replicate this, it really needs to be fixed before the next release.

Sorry for the late response.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 3 months ago #1981

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Guys, could you send me an e-mail?, I would like to share with you the development version, I would like to see if that version also has the bug.

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 3 months ago #1986

Ponk

Fresh Boarder

Emailed through to the support address :ok:

Just as an update, I experimented this week with reducing the number of files I'm trying to import at once. It seems fewer files has a bit of a better success rate, but even importing a single file I've seen it fail almost immediately after hitting the Import button (the progress bar blinked to 4% then came up with the error).

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 2 months ago #2021

calevizo

Fresh Boarder

Hello

Similar problem here

Ipad Air 2 (v9.1 13B143)

iTunes v12.3.2.35

YACReader v2

after copying 1-2 CBR files with iTunes (USB), no error during copy

when I try to import them there are no files available for import,

I tried the files using YACReader on the PC and they work,
The import was attempted after the copy was completed

tried restarting the device but still, no files to import
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by calevizo.

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 2 months ago #2024

Luis Ángel

Administrator

calevizo, please, send me an e-mail with your Apple ID. The next version is being tested, but I can't get any feedback from the testers about this issue :( So I am not sure if this is already fixed or not.

You are saying "when I try to import them there are no files available for import", what happens to them?

Import via iTunes/USB - failing to upload? 8 years 2 months ago #2026

calevizo

Fresh Boarder

Hello Luis

I can see/delete the files from iTunes, but there is no way to import the files from the app

ofc I will help anyway I can
  • Page: