Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Continuing previous comic

Continuing previous comic 7 years 3 weeks ago #3057

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

Hi, long time user!

I used to use a PC and my iPad but since getting an iphone 6 plus I've mostly been reading that, I use landscape mode for single pages and scroll down, the view size is pretty good. Widescreen double pages are a problem, you can read if you put the phone right up to your face and turning to portrait mode and scrolling sidewaise helps a bit, but it's not ideal...
An auto magnification mode just for double pages or seomthing might help, not sure.

But the problem I came here for... _Sometimes_ when I one YacReader it is in the comic I was reading on the right page, this is great and how I always want it to be, but other times it's just back at the root menu. And there's no _pattern_ to when or why, I haven't specifically closed the app, it seems more like the "memory" times out over about 30 minutes, but it's not quite that specific.

Maybe an option in the menu to always continue where it was, or always be on the main menu so people can just choose?

Thanks heaps.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Continuing previous comic 7 years 1 week ago #3073

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

It goes back to the main menu _far_ too often, I have a ton of folders and having to find the one I'm currently reading is a huge pain. If this isn't fixed I'll have to go back to something else.

Continuing previous comic 7 years 1 week ago #3074

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

What do you mean by root menu? Does the app crash?

What are you doing when this happens?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Continuing previous comic 7 years 1 week ago #3076

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

By root menu I mean the main list of folders and comics at the top of the directory tree.
It doesn't seem to crash.
I'm in the middle of reading a comic, I press the home buttom to do something else for a little while.
I go back to the app (usually by double clicking home and selecting it from my list of open apps), and a lot of the time it's not in the comic on the page I was reading anymore. Sometimes it is, but often it's left the comic.
It still remembers where I'm up to, but I have to manually reopen the right comic.

At first I thought it was time related, but sometimes it happens straight away.

Continuing previous comic 7 years 1 week ago #3080

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The problem here is that YACReader, and any other app can be closed at any moment by iOS if it needs to release resources.

Most apps I use have a limited capability to restore their status after they are closed...

That said, I think it is possible to try to reopen the comic that was opened before closing, but trying to restore the whole drill down navigation status for folders can be tough.

I have a question, is this happening more than usual after any of the latest iOS updates?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Continuing previous comic 7 years 1 week ago #3081

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

Yes, it is definitely more often, it didn't used to happen much at all. I'd thought it was timing out, but iOS freeing resources makes sense.
Recently I've also been playing some more resource intensive game like Plants vs Zombies : Heroes.
It might be that that is causing it.