Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology)

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5600

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

alpha113 wrote:
hello

i am trying to set up the server on my synology via docker and i receive this error when i try to access the server via web

2020-12-10 01:08:30 stdout (Parent is RequestMapper(0x7f43bab74490), parent's thread is QThread(0x7f43bab6e9f0), current thread is HttpConnectionHandler(0x7f43bab75ce0)
2020-12-10 01:08:30 stdout WARN 2020-12-10T01:08:30.904 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.

am i missing something in the setup

No, it is just a warning that some of our code is not ideal and needs cleanup.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alpha113

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5601

alpha113

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

ok so then the issue i have right now is that my library wont populate in the browser or app. i can navigate to the page via ip+port but it wont list the comics i have in my folder.

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5603

alpha113

Fresh Boarder

I was able to add a library based on the info from another user. however now i run into an issue when i try to launch any comic via web or via my ipad. it gives me a 404 error when using the web interface. when i try to launch a comic via my ipad using the app, i recieve the error Bad info from YACReaderLibrary. to create the library, i used the desktop version to scan the files, then i exported the ydb file and put it in the root of my comics folder. i then ran YACServer via docker to scan the library. i can see my comic library but am unable to open any file. am i missing a step?

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5605

selmf

Developer

No, I think you ran into a bug that was introduced when adding support for temporary ports. Run this once:

YACReaderLibraryServer set-port 8080

or any other port you'd like. This will write the port to the config file which should work around the bug so when you start YACReaderLibraryServer it should "just work".
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5606

alpha113

Fresh Boarder

i am using port 8080. I tried running the command but it doesnt seem to run

root@muallin-yacreaderlibrary-server-docker1:/src/git# YACReaderLibraryServer set-port 8080

Usage: YACReaderLibraryServer [options] command

YACReaderLibraryServer is the headless (no gui) version of YACReaderLibrary

Options:
-h, --help Displays this help.
-v, --version Displays version information.

Arguments:
command The command to execute. [start, create-library,
update-library, add-library, remove-library, list-libraries]

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5607

selmf

Developer

Hmmm that looks like an older version of the library server. What does YACReaderLibraryServer --version say?

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5608

alpha113

Fresh Boarder

i have tried it on the latest version and 9.6. it strange it is able to view the library meta data (pics and page numbers), but when i try to open a comic, it will display the error as though it cannot navigate to the comic.

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5609

alpha113

Fresh Boarder

also when i try to open a book to read when webbing into it i recieve this error

2020-12-12 00:28:13 stdout WARN 2020-12-12T00:28:13.921 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/Comics/.yacreaderlibrary7f63eaffd700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
2020-12-12 00:28:13 stdout WARN 2020-12-12T00:28:13.919 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/Comics/.yacreaderlibrary7f63eaffd700' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
2020-12-12 00:28:12 stdout WARN 2020-12-12T00:28:12.494 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder_ipad
2020-12-12 00:28:12 stdout WARN 2020-12-12T00:28:12.493 Template: missing variable {page} in folder_ipad

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5610

selmf

Developer

The SQL errors are harmless and to be expected in the 9.6 version, mostly fixed in 9.7 but ultimately for the function of the server this makes no difference. The real issue here is the error the template engine reports.

As you have observed before, there seems to be an issue with the server accessing the comics. The database is present and the server can show you the cover images, but it seems is not able to open the comics. This could be a permissions problem for the library directory, or it could be caused by the way you added the database. Hard to tell.

What you could try is creating a small test library from the headless server to see if that works. You could also try to increase the server's loglevel to debug or even trace to get a bit more information on what is happening. Also check if the comic files are where the library expects them and if the docker image has sufficient permissions to access them.

Can't Acess Library via Docker on NAS (Synology) 3 years 4 months ago #5612

alpha113

Fresh Boarder

ok so i created a test library with one of the folders within the root folder and it worked! im assuming that i might have ran into issues because i created the library in the root folder (i suspect there was an issue with the pathing hence error 404 not found) or because something may have corrupted (i doubt this because everything was working fine in the windows version). i am recreating a new library and will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help!!