Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Issue with service on Ubuntu 21.4

Issue with service on Ubuntu 21.4 2 years 5 months ago #6367

CHC

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hello everyone,

I have an issue on service configuration with Headless server on an ubuntu 21.4 accessed remotely.

Following the doc, I installed the service on userland (-- user) but I then need to keep a user session opened on the server to have the service available. And I dont want it.

Then I tried to use an installation without the --user flag. It worked (the servers starts without error message) but it doesn't read the config files (.ini file) and I am unable to find where I have to put it. And I don't find any log file to see if there are errors.

I know I can connect my MB Air to the server to open a user session each time I want to read a Comics on my IPad, but I am pretty sure it is not the right way to do it.

Can anyone help me on this please ?

Many thanks by advance,

CHC.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Issue with service on Ubuntu 21.4 2 years 5 months ago #6368

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Config files are user specific, i.e. they reside in the users home directory. If you run it as a system session, my guess would be that it is looking for the config files in the root's home directory.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Issue with service on Ubuntu 21.4 2 years 5 months ago #6370

CHC

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I've tried this by copying the config files from user to the root folder, keeping the same directory structure, but no change.

And I can't find any information about the location where YACReaderLibaryServer is trying to find those files.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.