Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry.

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 2 months ago #5008

Chrostowski

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

before anyone starts to complain about this post: I have read this forum very carefully about the "Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary" topic and have tried all suggestions.

Trying to open files from within YACLibrary I get the message: Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary

Some preliminary information about my environment:
Hardware: MacBook MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2,2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB
Little Snitch Firewall most up-to-date version
Intego Netbarrier Firewall most up-to-date version
NAS TerraMaster
Systems are using the WiFi network
YACreader (9.6.2.1909283) as well as of YAClibrary (9.6.2.1909283).
More than 1 TB of comics on the NAS. Comics are structured in folders. Folders are A,B,C,D, and so on.

What is working:
1. Creating the new library has taken a few hours. but has been done finaly.
2. Direct access of YACreader to all files is working.
3. Direct access of YACreader via YAClibrary is working as long as the library is smaller (like just one subdirectory i.e. A or B or C). Thad setup test library on the same NAS as the big library is running. so same connection parameters with regards to the firewalls.
4. Access to the entire huge library via iOS devices )iPhone as well as iPad) is working after changing server port to 8080.
5. As such web access via Safari browser is also working fine. Even though relativly slow 8just my impression). it takes 2 to 3 minutes to open the big library.
6. stopping the firewalls doesn't change anything

so far so good.

Not working is to open any file via clicking from within YACLibrary. This is always causing the message: Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary.

Any suggestions what else I could do in order to open comics from within YAC library? Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance and kind regards
Arnd
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 2 months ago #5009

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi,

1TB of comics shouldn't be a problem. Those 2/3 minutes to open a library do not sound right. The problem is that the ios app will timeout after 30 or 60 seconds.

What are the specs of the NAS?

can you send me the .yacreaderlibrary folder you can find in the root folder of your comics library? I want to take a look to the data base there.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrostowski

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 2 months ago #5041

Chrostowski

Fresh Boarder

Additional information:
YABLibraryReader installed on a Windows 10 Laptop as well as on a macOS Catalina Macbook. Both laptops are in the same wifi network together with my NAS on which they find the library "Comics". I am usingg admin account for accessing the NAS. Library is working fine on both systems. Opening a comic via YACreader, also installed on both systems, is only working on windows.
Both YACreaders are able to open files on the NAS via file open dialog.

Another observation: Win10 Laptop is creating and updating the library relatively quick. MacOS Laptop is very very slow. Setting up the first initial library took almost 24 hours for 1,3 TB of data.

I now remember that this problem also happened with Mojave if not also with High Sierra.

First guess: either there are problems with the network protocols on Mac (AFP and SMB showing same behavior) or it has something to do with access rights (which I doubt).

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 2 months ago #5046

Chrostowski

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

any news about the mentioned problems?

Kind regards
Arnd

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 2 months ago #5048

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I wonder if this has something to do with your problem: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/64...he-library-cifs#2957
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 2 months ago #5049

Chrostowski

Fresh Boarder

hm, I don't think so.

i am using the same setup as described before on a different but windows driven laptop. this laptop is accessing the same NAS and the same library located on the NAS. With this Win10 Laptop every is working fine.
1. Access with local YACreader to the NAS comic file directory is working fine.
2. Opening a NAS-located comic with Win10 Laptop from within YAClibraryreader works also fine. YACreader is starting properly and as expected.
3. Updating the NAS-based library with the Win10 Laptop is fast and working well while the MAC laptop needs ages to update the Library. As such it seems to be something like a timing issue? maybe the MAC AFP is causing some trouble? just an idea.

so everything is pointing to some Apple problems. I have tried to connect via AFP as well as with SMB. Both protocols are showing the same faulty behavior. the library can't be opened by the YACreader when trying to open any comic from within YAClibraryreader. Direct access of YAClibrary reader to the NAS directory and the files is working fine with MAC.

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 2 months ago #5050

Chrostowski

Fresh Boarder

btw, having a local library on my Mac everything works fine. trouble starts when the library is on the NAS.

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 1 month ago #5062

Chrostowski

Fresh Boarder

same environment. same Mac, same network, same NAS, same protocol to connect to NAS, same OS, same YAC Version.

But different and way smaller library with just one folder with round about 100 comics. opening a comic from within library reader Mac reader opens almost instantly.

too me it definitely looks either like there is an issue with library size and/or with connection timeouts because of the size of just one big library with a complex directory structure and almost 1TB of data.

i have no idea how to solve this problem. many smaller libraries would do it but then there comes a warning when I have reached a certain number of smaller libraries.

what is the difference between my environment and those of others? there is nothing special or customized with my environment. it's all "out of the box".

i am almost ready to give up with YAC. which would really hurt me because I love this App very much.

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 1 month ago #5063

Luis Ángel

Administrator

The problem is not the size, you said Windows 10 can access/use the library in the NAS with no problems. Right?

Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary. Sorry. 4 years 1 month ago #5064

Chrostowski

Fresh Boarder

you are right. would that mean that it is more or less a problem with the network/timing in conjunction with MacOS?
  • Page: