Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS

YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS 2 years 5 months ago #6343

Ruiz

Fresh Boarder

Hi !

i'm using Mac Mini Late 2012 Intel-based on Catalina 10.5.7. i did a security update last week and then my YacReaderLibrary just stopped working. i've uninstalled and reinstalled. and yes i've done the whole allow apps not from Mac Store to be opened on Security and Privacy Settings.

it opens, bounces, and then crashses. Help! i love this app so much and use it so frequently. Thanks so much in advance :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS 2 years 5 months ago #6350

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

The problem is that the latest version is probably not compatible with Catalina, you need to try with older versions of the app.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS 2 years 5 months ago #6375

noraa

Fresh Boarder

I've just run into this same issue. I've been running the latest version of Yacreader Library (9.8.2) on my Mac Mini running the latest version of Catalina (10.15.7) just fine since the latest version of Yacreader was released. However, I just installed the latest security update for Catalina, and after the update and a reboot, Yacreader Library crashes immediately upon open.

Based on the post to try and older version, I first downgraded to 9.7 (which came out before Big Sur was officially released), and then all the way to 9.6.2, but am still having the same issue.

I even went so far as trashing all of the Yacreader preferences and changing the name of folder where my comics are stored. This forced Yacreader into asking me to create a new library, the minute I created a new library, it crashed on me again - and then wouldn't open again.

YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS 2 years 4 months ago #6378

Luis Ángel

Administrator

noraa wrote:
I've just run into this same issue. I've been running the latest version of Yacreader Library (9.8.2) on my Mac Mini running the latest version of Catalina (10.15.7) just fine since the latest version of Yacreader was released. However, I just installed the latest security update for Catalina, and after the update and a reboot, Yacreader Library crashes immediately upon open.

Based on the post to try and older version, I first downgraded to 9.7 (which came out before Big Sur was officially released), and then all the way to 9.6.2, but am still having the same issue.

I even went so far as trashing all of the Yacreader preferences and changing the name of folder where my comics are stored. This forced Yacreader into asking me to create a new library, the minute I created a new library, it crashed on me again - and then wouldn't open again.

I wonder if you need to update the security settings for the app. If you go to System Settings -> Security after you try to open the app is there anything there about the app?

Also, try to clean the installation again, and the create a test library in your desktop to make sure that it is not a problem with the library path or location.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS 2 years 4 months ago #6380

noraa

Fresh Boarder

There wasn't anything new in "Security & Privacy" that I noticed at least. With that being said, I manually added YACReaderLibrary to both "Full Disk Access" and "Accessibility" just in case. Sadly it didn't make any difference.

Unfortunately, at this point, I can't get YACReaderLibrary to open at all - even after I delete the various prefs and what not - so I can't test if a different library location would make a difference.

The frustrating part, I had been using the latest version of the Library (9.8.2) without issue until I installed the latest Catalina security update - macOS Catalina Security Update 2021-007 - which came out on Nov 17.

YACReaderlibrary server opens and closes on Mac OS 2 years 4 months ago #6397

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I don't know what they changed in that last update but it really messed things up.