Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Library 'xxxxx' is no longer available

Library 'xxxxx' is no longer available 10 months 3 weeks ago #7610

agodfrin

Fresh Boarder

My comics are on a removable media. Whenever I start YacReaderLibrary, I get this popup error:

Library 'BD' is no longer available. Do you want to remove it.

I see that the library directory (.yacreaderlibrary) was created in the top directory of where my comics are, i.e:

/Volumes/Data/Books/BD/.yacreaderlibrary/

That directory has all the covers and the sqlite db.

I then drop and re-create the library, and everything works fine, until I close YacReaderLibrary and eject the external drive. Next time I connect it and restart YacReaderLibrary, it complains about not finding its library.

My question is then: where does YacReaderLibrary keep the pointers to the directories of all the libraries it knows about ?

Albert
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library 'xxxxx' is no longer available 10 months 3 weeks ago #7611

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

As long as the path is the same every time you connect the device that shouldn't happen.

YACReaderLibrary keeps the absolute path to your library in the .ini file you can find here (but it is binary encoded):
/Users/your_user_name/Library/Application Support/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary

Before you open YACReaderLibrary, connect your drive and make sure it is properly mounted, then start YACReaderLibrary and everything should be fine.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Library 'xxxxx' is no longer available 10 months 3 weeks ago #7613

agodfrin

Fresh Boarder

I tried once again: I inserted the external drive, then started YacReaderLibrary, but it complains about not finding the library.

I had a look at the ~/Library/Application\ Support/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/YACReaderLibrary.ini file. I see the binary encoded structure you mention:

LIBRARIES=@ByteArray(\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\x4\0\x42\0\x44\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\x30\0/\0V\0o\0l\0u\0m\0\x65\0s\0/\0\x44\0\x61\0t\0\x61\0 \0\x31\0/\0\x42\0o\0o\0k\0s\0/\0\x42\0\x44)

This decodes to the string "/Volumes/Data 1/Books/BD". And that is the problem. The current file spec of the library is /Volumes/Data/Books/BD - so it makes sense that YacReaderLibrary does not find it.

I fixed the issue by patching the library definition to:

LIBRARIES=@ByteArray(\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\x4\0\x42\0\x44\0\0\0\x1\0\0\0\x2c\0/\0V\0o\0l\0u\0m\0\x65\0s\0/\0\x44\0\x61\0t\0\x61\0/\0\x42\0o\0o\0k\0s\0/\0\x42\0\x44)

And now, the library opens.

The reason for the error was that, at the time I had defined the library, the directory was mounted with an incorrect name, probably because a previous mount was improperly un-mounted.

This leads me to two suggestions:

1. When YACReaderLibrary is unable to open a library it should show the full file spec of the directory it is looking for. That helps diagnose what happens

2. Better: if YACReaderLibrary cannot open the library, it could let me choose the directory to open and correct the location in its ini file.

Albert

Library 'xxxxx' is no longer available 10 months 3 weeks ago #7614

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Ok, for future reference, you can just remove the library and add it again, you won't loose any information and then the path will be correct.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Library 'xxxxx' is no longer available 10 months 3 weeks ago #7615

Luis Ángel

Administrator

The following user(s) said Thank You: agodfrin

Library 'xxxxx' is no longer available 9 months 2 weeks ago #7664

BenBurison

Fresh Boarder

I had the same issue. Removing and adding again the library did the trick.