Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Order

Order 9 years 5 months ago #826

giovannifracasso

Fresh Boarder

Hi, is it possibile change the order?
actually i can see only the comics by...its number...
I'd like order them by date or more...

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Order 9 years 5 months ago #827

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi,

comics are automatically sorted by name and number. The current version has no other sorting options.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Order 9 years 5 months ago #830

giovannifracasso

Fresh Boarder

ok. if the sorting will be aviable on ipad/iphone i will happy :)

Order 9 years 5 months ago #832

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Better sorting support is coming in future versions.

Are you adding all your comics in a single folder? You can create subfolders in your hard drive and YACReaderLibrary will add them to your library after updating.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Order 8 years 9 months ago #1673

ThisbigBLACK

Fresh Boarder

I'd like to add to the sorting suggestions. I know tier not coming tomorrow.

Sorting by each column would be helpful. Also, the ability to show/hide other column would be helpful. (This is the one reason I keep going back and visiting a certain other abandoned Mac comic library manager.)

Keep up the good work! I love that you're engaged and trying to make the program better.

Order 8 years 9 months ago #1674

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi,

as "the other guy working on YACReader" the sort stuff is pretty high on my priority list. The problem is that the implementation of this feature isn't trivial at all. It's nested so deep in the code that any change we make to the current code inflicts lots of other places. I have tried a few times to "hack column sorting in", but the result wasn't very pretty. Lot's of crashes, to much problems I would have to work around. So I gave up on finding an easy solution. My long term plan for this feature is to take the underlying logic and replace it with something that is better suited for the task. As this is a big change it will require lots of careful planning and testing, so it probably wont be ready soon (and even if I think it's ready it still has to pass Luis inspection). Also, we're mostly busy trying to cope with the problems Qt is throwing at us on three seperate platforms these days...

Regards,

selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anticubicle, Alvarinhu

Order 8 years 9 months ago #1675

ThisbigBLACK

Fresh Boarder

Selmf, I'm happy to hear it's a priority, but it sucks that it's so difficult. I wish you and Luis the best.

Order 3 years 5 months ago #5509

Alvarinhu

Fresh Boarder

Hi selmf,

This topic has more than 6 years and the last reply was yours, five years ago. I use YACReader for at least 6 years I think. Since I started I ask myself about a way to order my reading list by release date, after all, I import the comics info from ComicVine. There is a prediction about this subject? Are you managing to find a way, is there a light at the end of the tunnel, or have you given up on the mission?

Anyway, thanks for the excellent work ;))))))))))))))

Order 3 years 5 months ago #5510

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Well … I haven't been working on that particular feature lately, but there is *some* light at the end of the tunnel. We are slowly making progress at refactoring and cleaning up YACReader's codebase and we're using continuous integration, which helps a lot in pushing changes faster.
As we're currently facing some major changes in the Qt toolkit that are forcing us to rewrite some of our code and Mac OS X will likely remove some technologies we rely on in the near future, we are more likely to finally touch this problem and fix it for good.

If you want, you can add this issue to our Github issue tracker (github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues) and if Luis agrees I can add it to the YACReader 10 milestone. While this does not mean it will happen in the next release (we likely have a few more 9 series releases ahead) it means it will be easier for us to keep this on the radar and potential code contributors also can see it more easily.

Edit: Disregard the paragraph above, I just realized we already have the issue recorded here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues/146
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by selmf.