Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 4 years 1 week ago #5138

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Chrostowski, do you have the library in a NAS too? or is it a local library? How big is it? I made changes in the code for optimizing how the server works with large libraries, so the issue hasn’t been ignored. I don’t get this problem with the shared library I have (using samba).

I will try to replicate the same infrastructure here to see if I can reproduce the problem. I will like to put my hands in one of those libraries to do some testing, the one I got from other user looked corrupted so I couldn’t do much with it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 3 years 10 months ago #5280

vmouralacerda

Fresh Boarder

Same error here. "Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary". I also use NAS. I created two different librarys, one was compounded of a single folder, the other was compounded of several folders. Actually, the first library was a folder of the second. I tryied to open the same file. On the first library, I opened the file and it worked perfectly. The second, although, occurred this error "Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary". Can it be fixed?

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 3 years 10 months ago #5281

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Before I can fix this I need to replicate it.

So I need details about the setup, the library, etc.

What NAS are you using? How are you sharing and mounting the container folder? how big is your library? how many folders are in the root? how did you create your library? If you can, send me the library folder: .yacreaderlibrary.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 3 years 10 months ago #5282

vmouralacerda

Fresh Boarder

What NAS are you using? PERSONAL CLOUD - SEAGATE

How are you sharing and mounting the container folder? I ACCESS MY NAS WITH FINDER, IT IS CONNECTED ON MY WI-FI ROUTER

how big is your library? 730,38 GB

how many folders are in the root? IT HAS 44 FOLDERS, PLUS SUBFOLDERS

how did you create your library? I SELECTED THE OPTION TO DO IT ON THE + BUTTON, ON THE LEFT SUPERIOR CORNER OF THE APP

If you can, send me the library folder: .yacreaderlibrary. CAN I EMAIL IT? WHAT IS YOUR EMAIL?

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 3 years 10 months ago #5283

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Use the contact section in this web, or the help section in the ios app to get the email.

44 folders on the root is nothing....

It could be how the remote folder is mounted in you mac.

I will try to replicate your setup and see what is going on.

BTW, in the email, send me the whole path to the .yacreaderlibrary. To use the exact same path here.
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 3 years 6 months ago #5470

theonik

Fresh Boarder

I am having this same issue. It started happening a few weeks ago and would resolve after a library update and restart of the app but now it looks like the library is gone. I always fails after the same amount of time so maybe it's timing out somehow?

This is very inconvenient and basically means I have to open items in my library manually by viewing the file location and opening then marking them as read by hand after the fact… Any solution would be very much appreciated.

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 3 years 1 month ago #5838

Mark750

Fresh Boarder

Is there a fix to that issue? Got the same error when I try to connect with the iPad.
  • Page: