Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Format not supported

Format not supported 6 years 3 months ago #3502

Maruska

Fresh Boarder

Recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Been using YACReader for years, worked perfectly with Windows 7. I use WinRar to create cbr files, but for some reason, since upgrading to Windows 10, when I attempt to open cbr files I've created in Windows 10, I get the error message: "format not supported." The cbr files I created in Windows 7 still work perfectly. I've tried uninstalling WinRar and reinstalling, but I get the same problem.

Halp?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Format not supported 6 years 3 months ago #3503

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

With the last release of WinRar the default compression format changed from RAR version 4 to RAR version 5, for which we currently don't have a working backend. So, to get a working cbr, you just have to change the default format back to RAR version 4 ;)

techdows.com/2017/08/winrar-use-rar4-for...instead-rar-5-0.html
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Format not supported 6 years 3 months ago #3504

Maruska

Fresh Boarder

Actually, an update to this, I was able to get it to work by selecting ZIP as the archive format within WinRar and then changing the file extension to .cbr like normal. It's working just fine now.

Format not supported 6 years 3 months ago #3506

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

cbr --> comic book rar
cbz --> comic book zip

YACReader will also open them when the name is wrong (we don't use the filename to guess the format), but other apps might not be able to open a zip that has been renamed cbr.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.