Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Subfolders in Comic Flow

Subfolders in Comic Flow 9 years 1 month ago #1165

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Is there a way to make books stored in subfolders to show up in the "comic flow" view?

In other words, I keep my library in folders A-Z with subfolders (this is mainly useful in other readers that don't keep a library)... I would like to be able to highlight folder "R" (for example) in the pane on the left in YACReader and be able to see all the books in folder "R" and its subfolders in the comic flow.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Subfolders in Comic Flow 9 years 1 month ago #1167

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

No, it is not possible.

Top level reading lists, will have this behavior in 8.0. But they only have one level of sub-lists.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Subfolders in Comic Flow 9 years 1 month ago #1170

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking about trying the 8.0 beta, as I am interested to see the grid view as well. Grid view is more like what I am used to, and may fix some of the problems I am having with navigation related to the subfolder setup that I have, etc...

Subfolders in Comic Flow 9 years 1 month ago #1171

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

So, I am running the 8.0 beta now to try it out. I like that you can see the first level of subfolders in the grid view. What would be great is to see the folders as "stacks" with the first comic as the thumbnail for the stack, then you can click a stack and see all the comics inside.

*edit* Also, I should add that the grid view looks very good in the beta. Thumbnails are generated very quickly so it does not slow down the scrolling. Metadata is arranged neatly. Very nice.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Drybonz.

Subfolders in Comic Flow 9 years 1 month ago #1173

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you Drybonz.

I have thought a lot about adding folders to the comic view (flow or grid), and browse your collection in a drill-down way. If I finally add this, it will be in a new UI mode (flow/grid/something new).
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Subfolders in Comic Flow 9 years 1 month ago #1176

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Luis, your comic flow view is so nice that it would be cool if you could somehow combine it with that "drill-down" grid view. For instance, maybe have the grid in the bottom pane and when you highlight a stack the comics within would appear in the comic flow at the top pane... as you drill down you could eliminate the comics from the levels above in the comic flow, narrowing down to what you want... maybe even see the pages in a book in the comic flow if you select an individual book in the grid view.

Dunno... I am just thinking out loud. :D

Subfolders in Comic Flow 9 years 1 month ago #1181

Luis Ángel

Administrator

As soon as I will have a concept design for this I will create a post in the forum for talk about it. (as I did with the grid view and reading lists)