Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Connection error YACReaderLibrary to YACReader

Connection error YACReaderLibrary to YACReader 8 years 6 months ago #1817

Yag

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

on my notebook I have Win7 home premium installed and running the latest YACReaderLibrary and YACReader.
I have a mapped SMB share ( e.g. drive letter 'M'). I have reading access to this share.
All works fine within YACReaderlibrary and also in YACReader.
I can access the share , browsw through comics with the YACReaderLibrary, open comicms with YACReader.

Bu when I want to open a comi from the YACReaderLibray ( which will open the YACReader), I get an 'Unable to connect to yacreaderlibray'-error from within YACReader.
Whats the cause.
Both programms standalone work fine, only 'passing the information, which comic to open' from YACReaderlibrray to YACReader fails.

Is there a fix Ican apply?

Thx...
Yag
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Connection error YACReaderLibrary to YACReader 8 years 6 months ago #1818

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Yag,

you're not alone with this problem, we're getting reports of people having trouble with network shares and YACReaderLibrary from time to time. We're not quite sure what's causing these problems but it seems that the database backend we're using is not working well with some network shares. A Linux user recently was able to work around some of his problems by mounting the share with the option "nolock". This option also seems to exist on Windows. For further details please look here:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/en-en/library/cc754350.aspx

Regards,

selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by selmf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.