Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Connecting to a library from another PC

Connecting to a library from another PC 7 years 4 months ago #2710

Reader

Fresh Boarder

Since the IOS application is able to connect to a distant library, why can't we connect using a desktop client application?

Accessing http://100.99.493.00:3030/ in a web browser will show you your library but you can't read or import.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Reader.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Connecting to a library from another PC 7 years 4 months ago #2714

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Different interfaces. Library to desktop just launches YACReader with the information where to find the file. This doesn't work over network.

The IOS app uses some kind of webview to show the library (this is what you see in the browser) but a custom interface to get the pictures.

There will be some changes to this sometime in the future. The IOS app will switch to a fully non-browser interface and we want to extend the browser stuff to a minimal web reader. But this is still a bit away ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Connecting to a library from another PC 6 years 1 month ago #3788

EqnX

Fresh Boarder

Is was wondering the same thing. I have a small home server which runs the headless server via the docker. But can i connect to is from my desktop? I mean in another way then the web-app? Intergration into the desktop client?

Cheers,

Connecting to a library from another PC 6 years 1 month ago #3789

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

You can share the folder where you have your library over network and then open that library locally in your computer using YACReaderLibrary.

You can experience some stability issues if you want to use that local instance for importing to iOS, but if you just want to browse it and open comics using YACReader it should work fine, how fast is it going to work will depend on your network.

EDIT: I do this in my PC, I just have a Raspberry Pi sharing the folder where I have my comics in my home network and my PC looks that folder locally, so I can open it with YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Luis Ángel.

Connecting to a library from another PC 6 years 1 month ago #3790

EqnX

Fresh Boarder

Thanks, that was waht i was looking for. I read mostly on my ipad but love the overview of the desktop client. Load times when switching between sub folders has a slight lag but nothing bit. Eventho I’m running both on a gigabit wired network.

But for now this is the only program I’ve found that really does everyting I want. Really liking it! :cheer: