Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: V3.9.0 Files.app

V3.9.0 Files.app 4 years 4 weeks ago #5072

jocala

Junior Boarder

I'm using v3.9.0 via TestFlight. I'm confused as to how the files.app integration for imports works. I have a folder of comics on the iPad but when I select "Files app", browse to my folder and select it nothing happens. I can open the folder then do a select all/open on. the books within and all the books are imported into my library, but not in a folder. Can I use import from files.app to add a folder to my library?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

V3.9.0 Files.app 4 years 4 weeks ago #5073

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

3.9.0 is all about adding split screen, the only change in Files integration is that now it has its own subsection in the Import section, in previous versions you had to tap "More..." then "browse" to open it.

This is this first step in providing better integration with Files app. Future updates will provide some nice features like importing folder, opening files without import them, and other stuff.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: all4all, jocala

V3.9.0 Files.app 4 years 4 weeks ago #5074

jocala

Junior Boarder

Thanks for the update!

V3.9.0 Files.app 4 years 1 day ago #5152

all4all

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 2

This would be an excellent functionality to let ios yac reader directly open library on files app w/o importing. It would allow users to keep data On mobile disks an connect it Directly to ipad or Mac or pc depending on situation. Excellent option

V3.9.0 Files.app 4 years 1 day ago #5154

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Yeah, it is coming, I am slowly working on it.

Users will be able to pin folders to the bottom tab bar too, the idea is to pin the root folder where you keep your comics and browse/open using the app itself. We'll see how many features can I add to that type of "libraries". It would be great to make the ios app compatible with YACReaderLibrary libraries, but that is not going to happen soon (if it happens).
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: all4all

V3.9.0 Files.app 3 years 11 months ago #5162

all4all

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Your technical solutions r impressive. this one will be a quite big hit. please promote such solutions in the app store. other apps look fancy but very limited technically. we will keep on promoting the app/ the whole suite anyways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel