Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1315

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi!

the beta is ready. If you are interested in testing it, please, join the beta testing program.

Beta has been released, please install TestFlight in your iOS devices and follow instructions.

UPDATE 3 This is the list of fixed bugs in the beta 4: (IMPORTANT!, download YACReader 8.0 beta 3 for using it with this release)
  • Fixed WebP images support
  • Fixed the importing of big files (less RAM used in the new version)
  • Improved connection to YACReaderLibrary over data plan (it is not 100% reliable, but I am not sure if I am going to be able to get any better by now)

UPDATE 2 This is the list of fixed bugs in the beta 3: (IMPORTANT, download YACReader 8.0 beta 2 for using it with this beta)
  • PDF import from YACReaderLibrary
  • PDF import from third party apps
  • The app going to background(sleep) while the import process is running
  • Added a visual hint to the import percentage + new color for the text
  • Fixed import problems on resume importing
  • Fixed crash while importing several comics
  • Fixed false "import errors messages"
  • Fixed crash using comics based in WebP images
  • Added a loading view to "computer import" section
  • Fixed bug causing that reading view stopped responding after opening reader options (only iPhone)
  • Some time the initial page size in iPhone was wrong (wider than it should)

UPDATE This is the list of fixed bugs in the beta 2:
  • registered PDF as a valid format for opening from external apps
  • fixed the error message when importing comics from external apps
  • fixed the error when importing from YACReaderLibrary
  • fixed crash changing general background
  • Stop/pause buttons are too close
  • library landscape/portrait switching bug
  • some scroll views have been adjusted
  • fixed data migration, please install 1.6.5, import some comics and then install this beta for checking if this bug is fixed.
  • fixed: importer view has weir scrolling behavior after pausing everything
  • fixed: importer view memory leak
  • fixed: comics imported from iTunes are not removed on error (storage leak)
  • libraries web cells width is wrong in iPhone 5
  • fixed: search section is broken
  • In flow view null/0 appears when no issue number exists

Details
The new version of YACReader for iOS is in its final development stages, this is the full list of new fatures coming with it (in no particular order):
  • Renewed UI, much more cleaner design
  • Improved image quality in covers(library) and pages(reading)
  • Added support for iPhone 6/6+
  • Completely new import section ¿Did you already tap the percentage indicator while importing?
  • Imports can be canceled, paused, resumed. They are automatically stored when the app goes to background and restored when it comes active again
  • Three new cloud services are supported, four in total: Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and One Drive
  • Support for browsing cloud services and selective import (configurable lading folder, no more YACReader folder)
  • Added full folders importing through iTunes (bye, bye to: create folder, select all, cut, paste)
  • YACReaderLibrary integration improved, the iOS version tries to connect automatically to the last server used. Added sync back reading progress to the server (this feature requires YACReaderLibrary 8.0 beta 2, coming soon)
  • Brosing, Importing, Reading from YACReaderLibrary is now supported using your data plan. You have to configure your router properly (port forwarding) and use your external ip to connect to the server.
  • PDF is supported natively, that means that you can use iTunes or cloud services for importing PDF files
  • Added support for WebP image format
  • Big covers view has been improved adding extra information (progress bar) and using all available space in portrait mode (showing more info: pages, issue number, volume and rating)
  • I have simplified the help section, I am going publish an online users' manual
  • Not sure if I am forgetting something :)

Notes

There are a lot of new features and little details in the TODO list, I would have liked to add more of then to this release but I had to cut the development and just release a new version. It has been delayed for so long. If you are missing any promised features....I am so sorry, I didn't forget them, they are simply delayed to future minor releases (2.x).

I have had to drop the support for iOS 5 and 6. My most sincere apologies if you are still using a device stuck with any of those versions of iOS. Keeping them would have been too much effort, even huge companies with lots of resources have dropped those versions :(

Screenshots
coming soon
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz, pedro_cucaracha, donncha

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1326

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Please, remember that you have to use YACReader 8.0 beta for desktops if you have to test the desktops integration
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1327

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

If someone needs an updated .deb package for the desktop integration test please let me know. It's not quite ready for a public Linux beta yet, but I can do a quick 8.0 build that has all the features you need for this test.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1333

xnowimcoolx

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I get a message: "Error importing comics - There were error during the import proccess, please, check your files and/or network connectivity" while trying to import comics.

It happens with more than 1/2 the comics I've tried and they all work fine when I choose "read" (rather than import).

I've tried restarting the YAClibrary, YACR for iOS and even the iPad. Always the same error with the same comics.

iPad mini - gen 1 - iOS 8.1.2
OSX 10.8.4

request: make it possible to view my YAC Library reading lists as well as import/read comics through the lists.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by xnowimcoolx.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1334

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Other users have reported the same issue. This is an issue that I have introduced in the latest steps of the development, I am working on it :angry: :angry: :angry:. It has nothing to do with the file itself...

Thank you for the feedback!!!!

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1338

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Sorry to ask such a base question, but this is the first time I have used Test Flight (I actually didn't even know it existed!)... Do we have to do anything after submitting a beta request to you or does the Test Flight app just recognize that we are in the program?

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1341

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

Hi!

You'll get an email with a link you should open on the device you've TestFlight installed on.

I guess Luis will delay new e-mails because of the bug he is working on.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by robson.sobral.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1342

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have sent all the pending invites right now. I have to manually import the testers from the Google form to TestFlight...

@Drybonz, you have to receive a mail from Apple and you have to install the TestFlight app in your devices. If you don't receive the e-mail, please, check your spam folder.

Thank you for your help pals!

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1343

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

Wow! All my comics got removed from the iPad!

Let's import them again!

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1344

Luis Ángel

Administrator

robson.sobral wrote:
Wow! All my comics got removed from the iPad!

Let's import them again!

Did you get any errors? That shouldn't be the behaviour...... :huh:

Anyone else having this issue? Installing 1.6.5, import a few comic, and install the beta could be a nice test to do.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.