Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: PDF import includes printer's marks

PDF import includes printer's marks 2 months 3 weeks ago #8139

marumuju

Fresh Boarder

Hello,

I recently bought some manga from Kodansha's Humble Bundle, and I ran into an interesting problem while importing. Some of the imported PDFs have printer's marks on every page (Crop Marks, Bleed Marks, Registration Marks, Color Bar and Tint Bar etc.), and as such the pages are larger in every direction than intended. This does create problems with connecting spreads.

When looking at the same PDFs on Mac's Preview or Acrobat Reader none of the pages show printer's marks. But I guess that the data for those is still inside the file since the import to YACReader reveals the crop marks.

Would it be possible for the import to use the "cropped" area already defined in the PDF? I do somewhat doubt that a reader app would have any use case for retaining the crop, bleed… etc. marks of the PDF.

Other than that small hiccup, I need to say that the app (both the Reader and Library) are fantastic!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PDF import includes printer's marks 2 months 3 weeks ago #8140

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Yeah I know about this issue, I tried to fix it time ago and I couldn’t figure out what was the right implementation for it. I need to give it another try.

IIRC only iOS and macOS apps are affected.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don’t know if there is any easy tool out there to convert a PDF into a cbz file, that would help until I fix the problem.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.