Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed

Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed 1 month 1 day ago #8338

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

Not your fault!

The problem I'm running into is that Android devices are not uniform in handling, and some are downright uncooperative.

Moto G Power (2022) -- this blocks app moves to SD for some reason, so any data that should go to the SD card has to be set up in the app itself.

LG G5 - seems to move the app, data will not move to the SD card. This might be a format issue as the G5 seems to only provide a choice for portable storage. All the same, other apps move fine, along with their data.

Moxee MT-800 tablet -- hilariously, the problem child here seems to work fine, moving the app and sending the files to the SD card.

If I can find my old LG Stylo 3 I'll give that a whirl as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed 1 month 1 day ago #8339

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi, thanks for letting me know. I tested it in a couple if devices and it worked as expected, but yeah, Android can be like this sometimes. I’ll see if there is anything I can do.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wyldemusick

Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed 1 week 6 days ago #8399

dhernan3

Fresh Boarder

In my case, with Boop Note Air 3 C, it moves without any problem to SD, which I have formatted as extended storage (not portable storage).
But it would be great (I don't know if possible) to be able to access comics from file explorer without root. I cannot found them (to be able to open with other apps)

Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed 1 week 6 days ago #8400

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

The comics are imported internally and then processed to make it easier to open them later. I will add external libraries i n the future.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Move To SD Card...great idea, but flawed 1 week 4 days ago #8404

Starlock

Fresh Boarder

Yep, running into the same issue here. It's acting like the app is moved but everything imported still goes to local storage. This is on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra.